Hraken Decks?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by vipoid, Jun 8, 2015.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Aside from Deep Wounds, are there any other decks Hraken the Bloodbow works well in?

He's one of my favourite champions, but I often struggle to find decks for him. :(

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

You can put him in a Leoss BG, since they lack good ranged dmg dealer, Hraken is a great option, and he is cheaper than Mosharn now, so, you can give him a try.

3. vipoid

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Is there a good equipment for him in ST/IS? I usually use the Cloak of Long Knives, but that's UD.

Also, if I use Leoss, should I take Pride of Ailur or Deep Wounds?

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I would love to figure out an effective deck with Hraken. Haven't done so as yet.

5. vipoid

I find it annoying that Deep Wounds and Pride of Ailur are on the same upgrade path. It seems like Pride should be on the same path as Hostile - as the effects are far more comparable.

6. Fentum

What I find with Deep Wounds decks is that there is too much physical damage and insufficient alt damage. Moves me towards FW with dead fairies.

7. vipoid

There is that.

Though, the other problem I have with Deep Wounds decks is that there aren't enough champions with Deep Wounds. I always feel like I'm playing half a theme. o_O

8. Fentum

True.

It's occasionally nice to run a deep wounds module in a BG, but I just find it lacklustre as a general theme.

9. vipoid

I agree - hence why I'm looking for Hraken decks that don't revolve around deep wounds. :p

10. Ifem21

Deep Wounds actually have a nice set of champs. If you split with SP you will have 11 champion with Deep Wounds, and a lot of alt dmg too. It's a good try, but is not that cheap to make this deck, since it got some LEG and EXO. If you wanti it:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Ca4C12cihCaGCf@CwKC5_CwYs2vsys4@s2ls6_S2Hs8fs59s82s5wr2Ye1+e1fe21
    This bg have 11 Deep Wounds champ. Mundunugu for Metamorphosis and Alt Dmg. Also, Stalkers and Witch Doctors are alt dmgs too ;)

About Hraken, Deep Wounds is always better in his Upgrade line, doesn't matter the kind of bg. And try using a split with UD/IS with him, instead of ST/IS common leoss, maybe you like the experience ;)

11. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/Ca4cxCz+cihCwKCzMc5_czBch6cldcwYc3Q

I'm currently playing around with a few BGs with the new exp, this one in particular works really well. I won't be disclosing my choices for spells, but as for deep wounds, even this number suffice. You don't need a full on Deep Wounds champs BG.

The important thing is to 1) cover all needed hardcounters - 2 detection, 1 ghetto detection (elec jab), speckled fesh to be competitive in mana tempo (also a good investment+dmg) 2) need super movement to land those wounded hits: 3 relocators, 3) Motivate from beastcaller works exponentially due to deep wounds' multiplicative nature, 4) ghetto healing u get some from SP, and from UD should suffice except when facing against Mena/or other 6-8 range BS champs coz I don't use Demon Shield or the likes,5) Res:phy from Nefari guardian, 6) anti AoE from DE manslayer

The MVPs are currently both of my speckled fesh, and witchdoctors (which I think are very flexible and can be played differently as needs be). witchdoctors hitting for 20-30 dmg is funny.

12. vipoid

Interesting. If I can ever afford all those cards, I'll give that deck a try.

One thing though - you seem to have no champions with magic damage. Does Incorporeal/Ethereal not worry you?

Do you have any idea what such a deck would look like? I'm rather unfamiliar with Leoss decks to begin with. o_O

Thanks for that. I might give it a try (again, when I can afford those cards).

13. Ifem21

Actually no. They are not immune to all damage right now, so, Witch Doctors and Stalkers do (with Deep Wounds) about 15-20 dmg easily against incorporeal. Also, Mundunungu is there for Metamorphosis, it will help too ;)

Don't know, since I don't play IS, sorry :/ But the idea is, using the badass stats of Leoss with high UD dmg, along with support runes from IS (Vial, Granite Bracers and so on).

14. vipoid

Okay.

Just one question - why UD/IS over UD/ST? Are the IS support runes better for leoss?

15. Fentum

ST UD can work very well.

Ireguard
    Favour of the Queen
    Shield
    Cleansing Storm
    Nefari Guardian
    Jakei Maiden
    Arachnablade

Challenging.

16. Ifem21

Actually, you can use any of the splits, but it need to have UD or IS in one of them. I say IS cause the faction is know for having a tons of supports, but is up to uou actually ;)