Hunter and Foe: a way to rework them

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ralphen, May 1, 2016.

1. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Hello all, I know this will be fixed/reworked by @Sokolov at some point but I just want to give a little contribute.

Premise
    Actually both ability (outside of Hunter: equip) work just like a roulette: if you face the right class/race they payoff a lot, otherwise they are a sandbag. My idea is to make them work like a "theme", based on a group of ability that allow to place a "mark" on a target and other abilities that can passively or actively exploit that mark.

The main rework
    Here are the abilities that will need a rework or a consolidation. The first two are meant to "mark" a target, the other will exploit the mark in some way.

Declare Hunted (little rework)
    "Target champion within 5 space becomes Hunted. The Hunted condition is not cleansable and only one enemy champion at time can be Hunted."

Duel (little rework)
    "Target champion within 5 space becomes Hunted. This champion deals 50% more damage (after DEF) to Hunted champion and only takes 50% damage (after DEF) from Hunted champion, but can only attack Hunted champion if they are within 5 spaces. The Hunted condition is not cleansable and only one enemy champion at time can be Hunted."

Bounty Hunter (little rework/nerf)
    "When this champion successfully attack an Hunted champion, its owner gain X nora."

Hunter (substitute for all the race/class/faction types)
    "This champion deals 50% more damage (after DEF) to Hunted champion".

To save what is good...
    Hunter abilities based on a condition are on a different boat; some of them are quite interesting and allow for specific interaction, so the only thing needed is a little rework and the remove of the defensive part. Foes could stay, but need to be extended and lowered in power a bit: part of the defensive bonus could be converted in an offensive one, for example.

Intelligence Foe (was Rogue Foe)
    "This unit takes 25% less damage (after DEF) from champions with Class: Rogue, Class: Bard and Class: Tinkerer, and deals 25% more damage (after DEF) to them."

Arcane Foe (consolidate and extends on Witch Foe and Wizard Foe)
    "... from champions with Class: Witch, Class: Wizard and Class: Crone ..."

Faith Foe (new)
    "... from champions with Class: Shaman, Class: Druid and Class: Priest ..."

Fighter Foe (was Warrior Foe)
    "... from champions with Class: Paladin, Class: Warrior and Class: Knight ..."

Brawler Foe (new)
    "... from champions with Class: Brute and Class: Monk ..."

Ranged Foe (was Archer Foe)
    "... This unit takes 25% less damage from champions with Class: Archer and Class: Ranger ..."

Exploit: condition (substitute for Hunter: condition, with a little rework/nerf)
    "This champion deals 50% more damage (after DEF) to champion affected by [condition]".

2. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Seems good, i like how it's less situational and more fitting into the fight as it goes along. always hated how delare hunted was useless post deploy

3. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I like the second half.