Hyaenid Stalker

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by themacca, Jan 7, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Okay so i started running a hyaenid/Djinn Deck and i've come to realize that this rune is pretty poorly designed,
    basically its problem being that it has shadowspawn and assassinate on base and then it forces you to choose between shadowstrike, stealth, or surge for Upgrade 1 and typical hyaenid Leg for 2 (cackle/Serf/Dogpile) but basically without surge the stalkers damage it really just not good enough for assassinate to really be all that useful, but if you use surge then assassinate is simply wasted nora after its been destealthed ontop of u only getting 1 chance to use it,

honestly this isnt even a difficult fix if you swap shadowspawn with stealth or shadow strike (preferably stealth for balance reasons) then this makes it so assassinate isnt just a big hunk of nora that can only be used once if you want it to actually be effective, if your not gonna do this then just scrap assassinate cause the way it is at the moment it just isnt a good fit for this rune

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

agreed the should replace shadowspawn with crackle or dogpile and surge and put scrapper on upgrade

3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Also, last time I checked, assassinate doesn't proc scrapper. In my view, his original design allowed him to assassinate and rely on scrapper to survive the next round. But that only works if he can double tap after assassinate (4 +5), which gives him a whopping threat range of 2 for that turn. Here's what I'd suggest:

Remove Scrapper/Shadowspawn on base; add stealth to base (-12 nora; base cost to 54 w/o upgrades; price range from 65 to 76 with upgrades). This allows him to reuse assassinate (w/ base stealth). It also gives various-hyaenid centered abilities to increase his base damage and let's him pick one skirmisher-like ability to help with his initial survivability. Plus, it allows multiple builds that hit 65 nora which is, iirc, the double deploy price point on turn 2. If he's still too cheap, he could use a bit more health (+5) or a few more points of damage (+2-3) to get at a slightly higher price point.

Upgrade Path 1:
    Shadowspawn (+7)
    Scrapper (+15)
    Hit and Run (+7)

Upgrade Path 2:
    Surge: Hyaenid (+7)
    Dogpile (+4)
    Serf (+4)

themacca likes this.
  4. Sammich

Sammich Member

Wow, he is absolutely terrible for a legendary. Frankly, I'd burn it down and start over entirely; he deserves more than a mishmash of run-of-the-mill abilities. Nothing about him screams "I'm special!" Kinda sad, actually.

5. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

He really does need an overhaul. Assassinate just doesn't work on him. For starters I'd begin with replacing assassinate with deep wounds. I'd suggest something like this:

scappper and assassinate removed from base
    shadowstrike and deep wounds added to base (this change -5 nora)

upgrade line 1: scour 1/ surge: hyaenid/ hit and run
    uprgade line 2: dogpile/ serf to djin/ combat awareness

Cheapest build would be 70 nora with scour and serf/dogpile
    Most expensive build -> 79 nora with h&r and combat awareness

-stealth + h&r+ combat awerness would be a very badass combo possibly op but the cheaper cost of the other options and damge boost from surge should make the other builds just as attractive and worthy of consideration.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Raikan likes this.
  6. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Wait till after expac.

SaintKiwi, Raikan and PurpleTop like this.
  7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

assassinate+ dogpile damage is bad?

8. Sammich

Sammich Member

Dogpile's cool, but if you've made enough attacks to make a significant difference in this guy's assassinate, you're overkilling something.

9. blixx

blixx New Member

Hyaenid Stalker is one of the Solo Boss killer gods... Deep Wounds sticks to Bosses, You can then combine deep wounds with other damage multipliers and shadow strike and kill any boss in 2 to 3 hits.

10. themacca

this threads outdated sorry man. been changed since i made it

11. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Just make scrapper proc on assasinate.

12. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Wow thats pretty funny 10/10 for making me laugh. Deep wounds, scrapper, and 7 speed for 74 nora so awful

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Frankly, I'm very surprised he costs so little based on his number of abilities (including dogpile, I think???). That said, I'd probably remove some of his base abilities. I don't use him anymore, but he's not bad.

This is as of the June 2015 patch of course.

14. themacca

He's actually one of the best nids now. when i made this thread he was god awful and one of the most poorly designed runes in the game

15. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

He is pretty good right now, much more viable, and one of the best nids.

16. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

The only Hyaenid Stalker expert here is I, Phynixe. I personally believe Hyaenid Stalker is decent at this point, could use a little more improvement, but at the same time, buffing him would just make him too overpowered.

17. themacca

hyaenid stalker is already one of the best nids. he no longer needs work.

18. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

That's why I stated if he were to even get the slightest buff he'd end up overpowering most of the current champions, and we've got enough of that.