Hyaenid Transcendant

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by WraithxxV, Apr 14, 2014.

1. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Hyaenid Transcendant

Flavor Text: Each winter solstice, five young hyaenids are taken by the djinn to somewhere beyond. Four reappear in their village within days, torn to shreds. The fifth instead returns in a lightning bolt, no longer mere Hyaenid, laughing with maniacal glee.

Image: A large hyaenid with a more regal looking loincloth and glowing blue eyes holding an elaborate tribal spear. Other hyeanids bow before him in reverence or quiver in terror at his presence.
    Faction: Shattered Peaks
    Rarity: Rare
    Race: Djinn, Hyaenid
    Class: Demi-God
    Size: Small

Stats:
    Cost: 76
    HP: 45
    DEF: 0
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 1-2
    DAM: 11

Abilities:
    Attack: Spear
    Dogpile
    Otherrealmly (This unit can not be sacrificed. When this unit is destroyed, no nora globe is dropped and a random Djinn with cost 0 and half health is spawned in the location this unit occupied.)
    Rover: Flight
    Static Greeting

Upgrades:
    Loyalty
    Cackle
    Psychic Magnetism
    Energy Thief

What role is this Rune intend to fill? Meat. What Korsien is for FW, a champ that puts out a lot of HP for the cost, gets in fast, and then takes a while to take down. Secondarily, general utility such as perseverance counter and font runner.

Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes? Hyaenids are all multi purpose, flexible champions, but they don't have any champions that are hp efficient. In addition, a djinn-hyenid opens up new tactical options for decks that include both races (my favorite kind of SP bg).

How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora? Djinn-Hyaenid as previously mentioned. 7 speed and rover: flight makes it a good font runner which hyaenids also lack. Spawns some random dude on death, which could be great or terrible in that situation.

How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes? Nora efficiency is king, so efficient units like this are often run. In theme he provides a global debuff and gets to fonts better than any other Nid.

What makes this Rune unique and fun to use? Possessed Hyaenid whose possesor pops out on death, energy thief both helps get it to places and keep enemies in those places, and well, it's freakin a Demi-god! :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    MageDKun likes this.
  2. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I actually really like this idea Wraith :) Hyaenids are one of my favorite races atm and this rune would be an excellent addition! :)

WraithxxV likes this.
  3. drewery1

drewery1 New Member

agreeded

rickyjpen likes this.
  4. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

In honor of the brand new rework preview, here is a post-rework version of the champion.

Hyaenid Transcendant

Stats:

Cost: 76
    HP: 45
    DEF: 0
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 1-2
    DAM: 11

Abilities:
    Attack: Spear
    Dogpile
    Otherrealmly (This unit can not be sacrificed. When this unit is destroyed, no nora globe is dropped and a random Djinn with cost 0 and half health is spawned in the location this unit occupied.)
    Loyalty (Cackle -4 nora, Psychic Magnetism -2 nora)*
    Rover: Flight (Energy Thief +2 nora, Static Greeting +2 nora)*

*Upgrade options in parenthesis.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    rickyjpen likes this.
  5. Krakuar198

Krakuar198 Well-Known Member

I love this! I used to play a Hyaenid/Djinn bg and I loved it.
    Great work would love to see it happen. :)

6. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

many flawz if ur unfamiliar with a faction or race please dont make suggestions

7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

k...

8. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

This is amazing

WraithxxV likes this.