I am trying to make a Meta BG. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by xeorox, Apr 13, 2014.

1. xeorox

xeorox The King of Potatoes

2. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Wow, 2 FR's? That's kind of overkill. It's hard to justify running 1, let alone 2. I know people like FR against super champs and stuff like that, which then it's ok to run 1. I would also ditch the 2 Needleclaws and replace them with Battlemages. You lack Detection as well, I'd ditch Vixen for Mino Sentry, or Griefbearer, whichever you like. Though Sentry will be the better chose as he will provide support for your other Mino's too.

I'll just post what I run at the moment to give you an idea.. Doing quite well in high-exo league, managed to enter Limited for 2 days and got kicked back out to top 50 Exo. God how I hate playing against IS... lol.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVcpqCd6Cg2cf3cdFCh3ca9CuTcuAs3Ls7FS2Hs8fs86sOSAsDS70r3TrAe25

I always include 1x Shatter in all my UD BGs, very, very useful to have spot Shatter. Murder is in there for Precision against freaking ST with all their Nokhando crap. Also of course against champs with Elusive and the like. Always including 1 to avoid situations where I am short of 1 hit to kill a champ that happens to have Dodge/Block on. Strike is also useful against super champs with high Def. Murder is also great to have on Sheoul Magus to feed him charges, of course.

I also run 2x Fireballs because.. well, I calculate if I have enough damage to take out a champ, if not, that's where Sheoul's Fireball comes in. Cheap 14 damage when needed. Cast it before you attack with your champs to prevent self-damage, of course.

2x Maddening Echoes are my favorites.. They work very well with Phase Spiders, also with Battlemages. I once took out AoV, Imperator and Dragon Engine at full HP with 2x Echoes. Just moved my 2 Battlemages in, they survived from Perseverance, capped the font after killing his 3 champs and my opponent surrendered. Echoes basically punishes players that cluster their champs too much.

Purefire speaks for itself. Fiery Ambush is just a great spell to trap enemy champs in a font, or to finish it off. Mandate is ehh.. I only include it for Hero hunter to take out annoying tanky hero's like that dumb Talgar in IS. Animosity is a great spell to have. I can't begin to tell you how many times champs are left with less than 5 HP which pisses me off a lot so I just Animosity kill it. Head of Os is a great relic to contest fonts with, but also to kill off champions. 8 damage is quite a lot for a stealthed relic which also reproduces itself.

Champ-wise, I've grown font of Imp Deceiver so much. Declare Target often enables me to double tap with my champs, Voices permits me to cliff champs a lot, or to use their own champs to kill off one of their champs when I lack 1 more hit. Designate Scapegoat is also such a fantastic ability to prevent getting one of your champs killed off with a spell. It has saved my champs a lot. What makes it even better is that you can use it on deploy right away, like Demo's cast Dark Pact, which also is great to have. Phase Spiders are just freaking awesome. If your opponent doesn't deploy Magic Damage, or has very little Magic out, Phase Spider will pretty much stay in that font forever with Cocoon. Unless you play against FW of course... Spellkaisers are great for Magical Bomb to bring down Def to 0 of tanky champs. Personally I find it a bit much to have both Spellkaiser and Phase Spider 2x as they kind of have the same role, but I can't bring myself to get rid of either one. They're just great.

I suppose the rest speaks for itself.

But anyway, I hope I helped! Any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Your bg is "different" :D..... id just ditch fire ruby , 1 or both the fades , hell fire sucks, add 1 more echoes .... i won't comment on the rest because maybe you can make it work :)

4. xeorox

xeorox The King of Potatoes

Thanks so much for the help :) both of you!

5. Denton8523

Denton8523 New Member