I don't normally make these threads but SP...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Aug 18, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Whats going on? something like 3-4 patches in a row now SP have escaped any nerfs and yet again, all their heroes slipped through the net - also Collossal went unchanged and Sauropod got thrash which looks incredibly OP due to having 1ap cost and 1cd (there is already another thread discussing this ability)

the SP council needs to step up BIGTIME or be replaced. If there is something i'm missing i'd like to hear it... Is it just plain zealotry?

There is a lot of things i'm unhappy with right now, I understand it is all a work in progress and i'm fully in support of where we are AIMING to be in the future. I would definitely like to see a big improvement in the short term with these patches.

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Could you call out specific runes in SP which you feel are undercosted? Heroes obviously, but I thought they were slated to get an increase across the board? Hero right now is a big cost modifier. Don't blame DMr, the buck ultimately stops with the developers.

Faust, BurnPyro, claydude5 and 3 others like this.
  3. MentalMoles

Well, i'm not trying to single him out as I know he's doing it voluntary. But patch after patch after patch he is not addressing the core issues, even aside the heroes.

That sauropod has been broken for a while now with Collossal and bodyguard and now it got thrash too? worth alot more than its nora cost even now.

Whispers of the Mind still way too powerful reducing the "duration" of how long it triggers was not a nerf in any way and the spell needs looking at still.

The stormflier is very undercosted and extremely strong

skythrash is also very very strong for its cost

i could name quite a few more and obviously the heroes are the biggest issue in SP, absolutely no idea why klub got +2hp?

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The issue here is that SPs OP stuff was waiting on wider changes before it could be properly addressed.

SP heroes (hero ability) and cyclops (2x2 discount) are the main offenders.

Agree with you about whispers though, it is incredibally strong even after one nerf.

5. MentalMoles

ya, I appreciate that the heroes are blanket all being ignored right now (although i'm frustrated that a solution hasn't been agreed after over a month) But the issues outside of that within SP seem to have been completely ignored or overlooked for some reason.

Same with ST and i'm a bit surprised elves didn't get looked at in any way.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Lets be fair guys, there is no control over the balance anymore.
    Theres no cohesive effort, no nothing. Its basically: "here, buff 5 new runes you would like, the way you would like". If Gedden is in a bad/good day, he will probably just let all things go through and be done with it.
    Im hopeless at Pox balance any time soon, new patches will only lead to further unnecessary buffs, to the point where we are all at powercreep stage again.
    Cant believe Blackguard got buffed.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  7. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

He got +2 hp to give him some extra nora cost, I guess? Maybe to balance out the 2x2 changes in one way or another?

I don't understand why Hero costs weren't addressed ether.
    Maybe next patch.

8. MentalMoles

from what I understand +2 hp would give him +1 nora. hardy seems worth it.

9. MentalMoles

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Dmr is doing a hell of a job. The things youve listed he has waited on nerfing because the problematic abilities on them are getting a cost increase.
    Ex: 2v2
    Heroes
    Stormflyer (loyalty)

limone1981 and Makorov like this.
  11. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

What really kills me is that all of the changes were pointless and a waste of time. The changes didn't make anything playable that wasn't already and the stuff that was supposed to be nerfed didn't get hurt other than the goliath fesh losing colossal (+1 for finally fixing an obvious issue).

BroWatchThis and MentalMoles like this.
  12. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

It got a +5 nora increase as well.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

SP is the posterfaction of why this council is fail. Unfortunately, so are all the other factions.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

i get the feeling that this dev is more of a tcg player than a strategy game player. these kind of patches show what I mean. instead of the goal being each theme being complete and competitive, the mindset seems to be you can more or less change up champs randomly, develop themes 'just enough' to make them interesting, and then let the meta fall where it may. because after all, if each theme is made complete and competitive, whats the incentive to buy new runes unless theyre powercreeped.

core problem with pox has always been the tcg model.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Interesting.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'll agree that he doesnt seem like a strategy game player, but instead of that making him a TCG dev I just think it makes him a poor strategy game dev who bought a strategy game. The only TCGish aspect is that historically TCGs aren't as concerned about the state of their gameplay. I think that not being concerned about the state of the gameplay has similar results to not having the skill to properly develop a card-based strategy game: poor results, lack of balance, no direction, random implementation.

The thing that really sets the game apart from TCGs is that the T in TCG is so utterly horribly disastrous in this game that it's an insult to the letter T, nowutimsayin?

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

/endthread

18. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Agree wholeheartedly on SP's spell selection (Relics see a lot more play in SP than other factions). Whispers should be a 2 turn distract, but there's no point in wasting a slot to do that.

Wrt Sauropod, I think he could get lethargic for no cost decrease, and maybe Defender 2 instead of thrash (at cost). The problem is that I feel Colossal is surely auto-upgrade.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Collossal only has to be present to be an auto upgrade.

20. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I don't agree.

There are a number of 2x2 champs for which it doesn't become auto depending on which upgrade path it is put in. The current problem is that existing Colossal champs aren't given compelling options to pick over it. They are usually designed for tanking making Colossal the best option for achieving that.