I feel bad for saying it and i think other people feel the same but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heroex7777, Mar 11, 2015.

1. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

nerf fs. I know they haven't had the spotlight as meta op #1 **** ur face with no counter in a long time but.. ya

and make that KF speed change
    and take down SL's tankyness a little
    and do something about defense stacking in IS
    and backlash bgs
    FINE. I'LL SAY IT. and NK guide. But the problem isn't the actual guide, it's summons in general as free meat for a relatively low cost being frontloaded

but back to the main point, fs

All poison damage runes are bad against FW/Constructs so they all have a lower cost but against factions other than FW/constructs, it's just free nora.

There are a couple problem runes
    1. Angel, heals way too much every turn and regens more than it loses, I don't know why she even has enlightened. Regen 3 is huge already.

2. Smelly mushroom, 6 range vuln, psn cloud, 30 nora, and 25 hp.

3. Boghopper toad, Lethargic at -16 nora shouldn't be a option. That's just wrong. On that lethargic turn champs can either set up for the next turn, straight attack, or whatever. It's not worth that huge nora discount.

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i run aerial supremacy on angel, and pls don't kill bog toad.

3. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Bog Toad is (IMO) too efficient with lethargic. Should probably just lose it as an upgrade.

Foulest Mushroom was a problem waiting to happen the moment it was released. Can you imagine if it was the same, but with fire (and fire wall or something) in UD? Nerfed in 2 seconds. Only thing keeping it down was how bad poison is, but since Constructs lost their immunity and Boon is looking like it will go the same way, this argument is becoming less meaningful.

Rook is very efficient ATM, but I think if her charge mechanic was changed (she had multi 1 and attack charge before, I would be fine with that) she would be fine (pillage or not). (Similar thought to the Elementalist - passive charge mechanics are too efficient in combo with certain abilities and should be swapped out for active ones).

I do not think there are any other noticeable issues though.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Stop stating what things do and pretending that is a problem in itself.

Draksar footman, 48 nora for SURGE ENEMY and BLOCK! It has regen too, and is a draksar.

Draketooth Rifle 35 nora, 4-8 range 14 dmg attack every turn.

Gale Force, aoe2 6 damage and knockback 3, 50 nora.

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Draksar footman does sound op for 48 nora.

6. KingJad

Isn't the whole point of a nerf thread to spotlight what it does and explain why it's overpowered? Granted he didn't explain why the mushroom is extremely efficient.

7. Sealer0

"That's just wrong" isn't really a proper explanation.

TeaScholar and Netherzen like this.
  8. KingJad

Agreed

but that wasn't the entire explanation.
    "On that lethargic turn champs can either set up for the next turn, straight attack, or whatever. It's not worth that huge nora discount."

It's not like most of us don't agree with a few of these. (mushroom op)

9. Sealer0

It's still pretty damn difficult to say what x is inbalanced in comparison to.

Is boghopper toad imbalanced in comparison to jakei shadowstriker? I'd say no, but both are imbalanced in comparison to draksar charger. But should draksar charger be used as a balance baseline? That is the problem, when you can't compare units to each other (you don't want that, game would become too "bland"), you have to compare themes/meta bgs to each other, and make sure they stay at relatively similar level.

You could probably make a case for FS angel being imbalanced in comparison to other angels, simply because it tanks too well with super regen, but even then - she is one-roundable.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  10. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

I did mention ST... you guys see what you want to see and skip what you dont.

FS supports instead of fights so it's hard to get at it and 1 round it. Also it's pretty much full hp at about 6 squares away from the front all the time

KingJad likes this.
  11. Sealer0

Are we pretending that the guide is the only too strong unit in ST?

It is not even in top 5 of my most hated ST runes.

heroics, SPiEkY and Netherzen like this.
  12. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

NKD has had sufficient discussion, gale is avoidable, elementalist got hit, what else do you want?

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

*Sticks head in*
    Poison effects constructs now btw
    *Pulls head out*

Ohmin likes this.
  14. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

o shet. remove psn resistance from fw and nerf poison!

15. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

Mentions FS being too strong.
    No mention of God-mode Pirahnids.
    3/10.

16. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

oh ya. pirahnids op. I only played against it once so far and it ***** my face with 9 speed 23 dmg champs

Sirius likes this.
  17. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Lol... OK Hero... Lets give all the runes you brought up a 1 nora cost increase and say they all "got hit". Mhm, some strong punches there.

I understand what you are saying here, and I agree with it... to an extent. An issue you come across when comparing themes is that a theme might be viable vs other themes because of a crutch rune, but this is really poor balancing. If a few 1x1 Centaurs were released, they might become a theme based solely on rally the heard, and given how poor the current Centaurs are, over all they might just be "ok". However, that doesn't mean that RtH should not be nerfed as its a clearly unbalancing rune.

Similarly, one might think ST is over all on the power level of FS, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't tone down problem runes in both factions. At the very least, it might bring some variety out, but even without that it moves more towards balance IMO. Of course, you could buff everything up as well (as Corpse was more fond of doing, and I would personally prefer) but we were meant to be moving away from that.

18. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

Okay. FS isn't the top FF faction right now then. I must be blind when I see 3-4 FS players in the top 10 with a couple of the other spots occupied by splits.
    You guys are not actually saying anything about the purpose of the thread.

I play a FS split atm, and I run 2 guides, and 2 strikers which has already been covered by NKD discussions and that summons thread.
    I play something before I call it op. I don't lose to it then make a thread. Otherwise I'd be calling witches OP for losing to tiny 3 in a row.

19. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

and to fix backlash bgs, they can either make it unstackable or to make soultap garnet have a duration and not last forever

Do whatever the fck you want with ST, I don't care as long as the 8 factions are somewhat balanced and two people of somewhat equal skill levels have a somewhat equal chance of winning.

20. KingJad

You can't question the power level of something because you haven't pointed out one of the over efficient things in a faction you are known to play. That makes absolutely ZERO sense. The bullshit half of you are posting doesn't negate or make anything he has said less valid. I don't know who started this "oh you want something to be balanced? Ask to balance something you play at the same time" Bane Shift, but it's ridiculous does it really matter. When you use the defence "My stuff can stay unbalanced because your stuff is unbalanced" argument I think you look extremely childish and stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Ohmin, Sealer0 and PhdNiceGuy like this.