I have transfigured in almost 50% of my last 20 games.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jun 15, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's a fair cop.

Molosse likes this.
  2. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

sl comes with benadiction #worth

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think the ability states that it can only be healed by their own effects. So a Delicious Morsel might give an ability that wasn't included in the exclusion. Think I'll have to check it with FS' Flies as well. (Don't have Pies on me atm, too lazy to check, but I hear Surprize Pies and FS Flies taste the same anyway).

4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

FW Cries everi tiem. No faction bonus, no avatar gamebreaking ability, just have to sit with our avvy at 93 hp while the opponent gains 5 hp and tons of resists or 10 hp and 3 damage.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FW avatar is fantastic - fan-tas-tic - in comparison to the FS one. FW one is a great center for a phalanx (like, so! THe DMZ alone is fantastic), has a ranged AoE with notable damage, AND it debuffs enemies around. The FS one ... uh ... you lose a bit less nora than others, and you can spit poison exactly once, and then you can run the hell away because that was that!

6. claydude5

Fun fact: My FW avatar doesn't have DMZ. FS has a good avatar considering it has no global instant, its mobile, ranged, and causes negligible loss from transfiguring.

7. Boozha

... Marsh Singer is 6 nora/turn. WHAT ABOUT THAT IS NEGLIGIBLE? o_O

Other people lose ... I think 25 nora/turn, FS loses 19 nora/turn. If you want to have mercenary rank five on a champ with the stats of the FS avatar then you are a tad silly.

And no, it is not really ranged, the CD on spit poison is ludicrous. Never seen it used twice.

It is mobile. That is what it does well. It's crap at everything else.

8. claydude5

its 20. FS gets 6 from bonus 6 form marsh singer. that is -8 to other faction's -20.

The CD on FW disease breath 2 is 8, you think spit poison is bad?

9. Boozha

Spit is CD 8 and single-target. You were saying?

And you can't coutn the FS bonus, unless you magically lose every other Faction bonus, too, when you transfigure. It makes zero sense to count the FS bonus to the avatar and every other bonus somehow not.

10. claydude5

You are crazy if you think the FS bonus doesn't help them when they transfig.

11. Boozha

... It doesn't help any more than before transfiguring, so what is the gain? You gain 6 nora per turn before, you gain 6 nora per turn thereafter, so what is the damn gain?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The gain is your superchamp that you pay 8 nora per turn to maintain for.

That's your gain.

claydude5 and Ohmin like this.
  13. Boozha

... It doesn't help any more than before transfiguring, so what is the gain? You gain 6 nora per turn before, you gain 6 nora per turn thereafter, so what is the damn gain?

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

You can't lol. The only avatar that can heal is SL.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Have you tried? The pies grant the consume ability to adjacent champs, so it should get around the targeting restriction.

16. Boozha

There's not just the targeting restriction; mass heal, for example, also doesn't heal avatars if I'm not criminally mistaken.

17. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I just tested it,the pie gets eaten but there is no healing.

Ohmin and darklord48 like this.
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Mmk.

19. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I've played with the avatar 50 or so games and I've transfigured twice. Once was to see what it did as the battle was pretty well decided in my favor. The other time I had to because the AI was starting to pound my shrine and I needed the firepower to take down the AI's 300 hit point champion to win. I had about 50 hit points left which probably would not have survived another turn considering the amount of damage they were inflicting.

That 20 nora penalty really hurts and it doesn't take long to be effectively down a champion you otherwise would have had.

20. Boozha

Exactly. Thus your avatar either causes a swing in battle (ST, UD, SL, ST, KF, IS) or is really damn effective in combat (SL, FW, IS, SP) or sucks.