I just Got Through Watching Treasure Planet (Disney. 2002)...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Prami, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I decided to watch it after viewing a post about it's production on Reddit.

What do you guys think is the most underrated Disney movie? There seem to be more than a handful that never really got the attention they deserved.

Geressen likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, its Bane Shift? :p I actually watched it when I was younger, and compared to the book ... but lets not start comparing things to books.

3. Prami

You mean Treasure Island? It's not the same thing.
    I enjoyed the movie, but probably not on the same level that you disliked it on.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it's alright.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I know its not the same thing, I watched it after all :p It felt pretty damn generic. Not "bad" in a sense as "cringeworthy", more "bad" in the sense of "only worth my time in desperately bored situations"

6. Prami

I don't think i would have enjoyed it very much, if i hadn't been looking for much of what was detailed in the gif-article.

I think it's more that the aesthetic design of the film isn't immediately apparent. It comes off as generic if you don't appreciate what they tried to do.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

they wanted to make treasure island in outerspace, but then took away the outerspace. It would have made more 'sense' on a Pandera type planet with floating islands and flying sailing ships. Why do it in space if they don't want to deal with space? I think sci-fi found its own answer to the cold dark of space by locating most of the action on alien worlds and alien ships. Just like in a pirate movie, the action occurs not out on the open sea (which can be pretty monotonous) but at the exotic loacations. And in fact, space battles are more colorful and interesting than sea battles because all sailing ships look more or less alike (hence the need for those flags), whereas space ships can be as diverse as the aliens who make them. So I don't even get the need behind etherium in the first place.