I left my essay to the day before deadline ama

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GemmaXylia, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I just have images of that weird youtube channel/animation that had a turtle that was also a landmine when people trod on it... just me? I've been awake for 26 hours don't judge me.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

asdf movie 5 if I recall. one sec

enjoy.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

More teacher rants.

So most teachers spend some part of their salary buying supplies for their students, my wife is no exception.

The stupid part is that you can only write off about $250...

Meanwhile, I can write off just about anything to my LLC (within reason). I like how even tax policy really showcases American culture/attitudes.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

my sons school is always asking the parents to contribute or donate for this or that. seems like a better system than giving it to the government first. and the great thing about that system is it cant be tracked or graphed by people trying to assess my attitude.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't even try to understand you guys on these matters anymore

honestly

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I don't get it either.

What ends up happening is that school districts in better neighborhoods where parents can afford to buy their own kids supplies will even donate or give the school stuff.

While poor neighborhoods are lucky if the teacher can get even power strips or dry erase markers without paying out of pocket.

We moved recently, but previously we were in Catalina Foothills - which is a highly sought after school district. The coach of the Arizona Wildcats basketball team (which is one of the nation's top college teams) lives in this district.

Some will say donations are the answer, but even in that district, despite donations from parents, my wife had to buy her own paint, notebooks and various things for her classroom. We own like 100 pairs of scissors, for example, all with "CHIN" written in permanent marker.

We'd also frequent hardware/crafting stores to get supplies for various labs/projects - if you want your students to do more than textbook work, you need materials - which costs money.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Collectively caring about the education of children so they don't end up believing the stork brings the babies, 0r that there's a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, or that climate change isn't real is apparently vile communism. Only uneducated children are good American children!