I Propose a Change to New Player Trade Limitations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Under SOE you couldn't trade for the first 3 days of having an account and according to the tutorial DOG says 2 weeks. This idea is good and I think crucial however in order to get friends into Pox Nora I'd like to be able to gift them a budget BG that suits them to get them started which I can't readily do under this system. Might I propose that you can't trade things away during that starting time period so new players still can't be taken advantage of but I can give them gifts.

Paper Skull, Boozha and IceHippo like this.
  2. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I would definitely support this. Seems to be a great way to get more players hooked! First time's always free :cool:

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Given that you are unable to trade away the free decks and you aren't just given a bunch of free runes, I could see the trade restriction going away completely. Or if they want to waive they right to the new trade protection, they would have to read and agree to a waiver.

In terms of fraud protection though, I wouldn't be too averse to having it be a three day limit either.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Total support

5. Authyrtyr

I believe it's not for starter decks or anything but in case you open Kento in your first pack and don't understand that she's broken as hell and incredibly valuable.

6. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Gifting sounds like a good idea. i support that.

7. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

I think you're probably right about this. I'll discuss it with the team and change it if they agree.

Authyrtyr and Trill like this.
  8. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the consideration! It was changed to 3 days early on in the transition, and then I believe it was quickly removed as we didn't as many people buying packs to trade immediately as much anymore with the transition towards the free to play model so it wasn't as necessary as before.

Back then, people would get exotics like lich king or the dwarf king and trade them away for a couple of rares. It was bad.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  9. Authyrtyr

Thanks Cortices!