I think Europe should let in more refugees

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

youre going to see increasing amounts of backlash against the muslim community. im not calling for that, you liberal dumb****. im predicting it. unlike you, the rest of society is simply NOT going to let this sh!t continue unchecked. and it seems the best possible solution is for the muslim community to reign it in on their own.

oh but that sounds too racist for you. go ahead and keep your head in the sand then. but don't cry to me when the ethnic cleansing starts.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Party of personal responsability refuses to take responsability.

What applies to the other doesn't apply to me, lalala bootstraps. :rolleyes:

3. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

This is how you fight it.

Burn is right that the Muslim community is doing what it can to combat extremism within its faith, but they are not a monolithic entity any more than the Christian Church is. If you seriously want the Muslim mosque's to act as police for their own members, then why are you not calling for the same to reign in Christian extremists?

I am entirely aware that there is an issue here with radicalisation of Muslims, but your proposed solutions of just kicking every Muslim out unless the Mosques can reign it in are absurd. Of course they can't do that, even leaving aside all the ethical problems your approach raises, they don't have the legal power to do anything. That's what the police are for.

I am not saying every Muslim is tolerant, that would be an incredibly naive statement when it is so easy to demonstrate it is false. What I, and presumably several others on the forum, are taking issue with is your use of extremists to tar every Muslim with the same brush. Extremist Muslims speak for the majority of practitioners about as much as the EDL speaks for me. They are a fringe voice prone to violence, and should be treated as such.

themacca and Dagda like this.
  4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Think most people can understand a liberation of nation freedomfighting, but as being born in the early 70's i remember alot talking about ETA and IRA, so I think you are so wrong that nobody cared about it, but it wasnt the same thing. Not even close.
    or the left-wing terrorist in germany, Rote Armee Fraktion. Those were actually alot more active then i had any idea about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction

in swedish media today its silly silent about the left-wing terror, its all about neonazi / racists, thats why i ask very stupid and silly questions sometimes :)
    But even if the leftwings did ~300bombings in europe/germany in the 20years they where active, its not much compaired to islamic attacks so far this year
    now this page is alt-right and very untrustworthy but still some of the data might be correct? 911 attacks so far this year 6506 killed
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=2017

Yeah the use of drones are amazing that other countries dont protest more about or mediastorms about those. And I think its getting worse with the current President. Read some news that both France and USA have changed so "combatants" of their own countries can be attacked now without hesitation?

WW2 is so much about how communism, nazism and facism in europe, but we almost never hear about the horrors from asia/Japan in WW2. and the millions of chines, koreans they tortured and slaughtered.
    (We = people in europe...)

is its pearl harbor your meant? For me its a difference if the 2 parts know they are fighting against eachothers when they do stupid/heroic things and or if its the unprovoked attack. now if pearl harbor was unprovoked or not i have no idea, i just watch american made movies about it and as almost always nothing is objective/truthful.

5. Hierokliff

but he is a Sikh and not a muslim? just because he has a beard and dastar on his head doesnt make him a muslim.
    I have no idea on how to solve current situation, but really if the imans in sweden say that girls/women that follow swedish "traditions" shall burn in hell... we should really stop give them fundings from swedish taxpayers imo :)

I think this will end in a full scale religious war somehow and there will be only one in the end.

6. Comissar

The response of the city community as a whole is what's important, not just the response of part of it. If the city turns on the Muslim population regardless of the official condemnation, that doesn't really speak to counteracting terrorism so much as falling prey to it.

As for imans saying people will burn in hell, I fail to see how that's different to being told the same thing by a pastor. Once again, attempting to intimidate someone into your religion through threats of hell is not a uniquely Islamic trait. I'm also totally fine with defunding religious organisations of taxpayers money. As I've said in other places, I'm not overly fond of religion as an institution.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why is it libs always try to flip the script, nobody likes terrorists whether it be kkk or radical Muslims. I want the same repercussions for the kkk as I do radical Muslims, it just so happens that a large amount of terror attacks are consistently from the Muslim communities.

The more we sit and argue about whose worse, the less is accomplished.

We all agree terrorists are bad of any color
    Nobody wants to see innocent people die
    And everyone wants to help the refugees

Most all of us agree on all those points, so maybe we should go from there.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Hierokliff likes this.
  8. Hierokliff

Wish i did agree with you, but sadly I dont think the community cant handle it. Its like handling crazy people, we need protection against those, cant huggle and cuddle serialoffenders, rapists etc, its sad that mental institutions are a bad concept and we let them out to keep doing it after they have "served their time".
    And being political correct and saying everyone is equal and everyone has the same rights...is just not working. (because we aint equal).

I agree that there is no difference between pastor and iman saying crazy things.
    imo if anyone wants sharia laws here, they should get the f*k out of europe and move to iran,iraq or wherever they have such laws/society thats far from common religion disagreement.

9. Comissar

To be specific, this part here is where we disagree. You are grouping all Muslims in the terrorist blanket, even though the issue is specifically with radicalised Muslims. I agree with each of your three points further down in your post, but this part specifically is what I cannot agree with. The reason I draw parallels with the KKK and Christianity as a whole is because that's how I see the distinction. To stretch the analogy a bit, the Manchester bombing and the London attacks were carried out by the 'KKK' with a general condemnation, and indeed several heroic actions to try and counteract the tragedies, from the 'Christians'. When you lump both groups in together, you make it way easier to marginalise and demonise the moderates and push more of them into the extremists, exacerbating the problem.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

no, if you understood nuance you would understand the issue here

there issue isn't terrorists, it is the way that you are in favor of treating them, but only muslims, while disregarding every other form of terrorism, because whatever.

That means no dumb travel ban to further push muslims to radicalize, that means no muslim specific targetted sanctions, for the same reason. But that also means that Bane Shift like the portand attack, which is weekly news by now, actually get's addressed. A guy is anti-muslim, stabs a few people because of it, no reaction. How do you think that looks to muslims?

All of you are so focussed on treating the symptoms that you don't address the underlying cause. Muslim terrosim is such a tiny fraction of muslims, yet you're going to condemn all of them and push the average muslim even further. How do you think ISIS happened? Sure wasn't because the US played nice in Iraq. It's the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm not saying do nothing, I'm saying be sensible about it and treat the whole problem. All these redneck nutjobs attacking muslims, harrasing them, killing them, it all adds up. It's all used in the propaganda machine that carries ISIS. So freaking silly.

TLDR: putting the blame on the muslim community for not policying themselves is horribly wrong because it shows that there's an ignorance of the facts and a complete misunderstanding of the issue to begin with.

11. Hierokliff

Think its because they are so many islamic terroristgroups atm, its impossible for an ignorant western (me) to keep up with them all. so its much easier to just group them all up, do you know which organisation (if they really belonged to any), the latest attacks in europe has been from?
    Tried to find a number of amount of terroristgroups, found a wiki website with some though but no idea if its correct or how many because i cant count that high. And it dont specify religion so its not a good list either, saw some other list with 80 islamic terroristorganisations newly banned but its nowhere near complete. So do anyone here know how many islamic terroristgroups there are?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups

Like when you say KKK, they havent done any attacks since the 90's (if that was the correct info on some stupid site i read?) but are being blamed for what other neonazi/racists idiots are doing because its easy to blame KKK instead of trying to keep up with all the other strange groupnames. btw isnt it fun that the religous book (or handbook) of KKK is called Kloran?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kloran

12. Hierokliff

Here I think you are wrong.

The leaders of muslim community must condemn these groups & attacks like the whole christian church has officially denounced the KKK and made it a just a crazy rightwing group with almost no funding.

As long as there are people cheering in the streets of stockholm during the last terrorattack in stockholm or attacking police/rescue personal while the hunt was going on shows its a problem in the muslim community.
    Probably they aint faithful muslims at all, just living in those neighbourhoods and are just criminal idiots, but when noone helps the police find them or solve the problems because they dont belive in swedish laws/system.

its either they start work and solve their problem, or the goverenment has to do it, or in worst case soon idiots on the rightwing think its their duty to solve the problem and we get crazy people attacking everyone everywhere.

13. Hierokliff

Found this article/site, its scary numbers, and i hope its not true
    https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7764/isis-europe

Some quotes from the site:
    According to a ComRes report commissioned by the BBC, 27% of British Muslims have sympathy for the terrorists who attacked the Charlie Hebdo office in Paris (12 killed).

In the UK, one in five Muslims have sympathy for the Caliphate. Today more British Muslims join ISIS than the British army.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

:rolleyes:

like this?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/23/uk-muslim-leaders-condemn-cowardly-london-attack

or this

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/23/musli...iana-grande-manchester-terror-attack-6655366/

Two most recent attacks. Little google search took all of 30 seconds. Why do you demand that all the muslim leaders condemn these attacks, which they do, but somehow right wing terrorism does not have to be condemned by the white house or other institutions.

Why is it that muslims should be subject to different rules for no apparent reason?

15. Hierokliff

Not talking about the attacks, talking about condemning sharia laws and living outside the society and not following europian laws/system. like christian churches have almost got rid of KKK, all condemned them and stop fund and they soon hopefully gone.

Besides the norweigian lunitic i cant remember a rightwing terroristattack happened lately. But if you can google fast you can show me some links to rightwing terrorattacks that was organized by multiple persons or an organisation that has happened this year or last year?

I still wonder if that number is anywhere near the truth from that site i quoted earlier, and if so how can it be like that?
    In the UK, one in five Muslims have sympathy for the Caliphate. Today more British Muslims join ISIS than the British army.

16. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Doesn't matter if Muslim leaders condemn these attacks. Even if the majority of the world condemns terror attacks, we will not be able to stop terrorism. Terror is an ideology like hatred, and will exist until the end of time. I hate to say it. From a Christian perspective, one may point towards the depravity of man (fall of Adam).

17. Hierokliff

Agree with @xaznsoulx hate/terror has always been around, sick people will always be around. And with more technology the damage a sick/crazy person can do is getting insane. And not sure if i really want to live in a world there the controlls are so rigid that sick/crazy people cant exist.

18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Their I changed it to radical Muslims, is that better ? Europe is having this problem because they are too politically correct to begin with, the Muslim culture does not fit well with United States or European culture and that's the bottom line.

Europe let in millions of Muslim refugees too quickly and now is seeing the repercussions of that act. These attacks will continue to happen every couple weeks to keep us thinking about them, had you waited to let them in and vetted them properly and racially profiled to begin with you might not have as big of an issue. Another instance of being politically correct getting people killed.

This goes right along with the London mayor saying a bus running over people and then the driver getting out and stabbing people is normal in every city, news flash it wasn't until we let in millions of Muslims everywhere.

You guys get offended and angry at me saying Muslims and not radicalized Muslims, but don't get mad that your being attacked every couple weeks now, how does that make any sense whatsoever? Don't get mad at me for being brutally honest instead of politically correct.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

tada

trump SA.png

Trump saying defeating ISIS would be easy. He had a plan that would defeat them, so easy, nobody else knew but he did, couldn't share cause "the enemy can't find out". Hasn't made any progress whatsoever.

20. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Trump says a lot of things. Twitter needs to ban his account. #Covfefe

MaruXV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.