I Understand Why Harbs Can't Be Reprinted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokkushun, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

DISCLAIMER: This thread is not about harbingers, I simply am using them as an example and baseline. I believe harbingers are still on the edge of obtainable and that's perfectly fine.

But what about fan faire??

It previously was only given out at conventions (and in very few numbers in one of SOE's cash grab packs), and there can't be more than 100 copies of it in existance. While this gives it value it's reached the point of inobtainability. Even for people who have been playing for years this rune is out of grasp.

Anyone who has it won't trade it because of the sheer rarity it has, so what is even the point of it? It's a rune that exists in it's current state just for the game to prove you can't use certain runes because they've fallen into occlusion over the years. Harbingers are actually run-able but not thematic in any way (outside of maybe archers) and you can at least trade for them (so long as you have a lot to trade..) so they're understandable. Fan-faire however seems like a theme-catalyst but yet it's just not there. It's a tool that's been placed in a shed and left to rust.

It's a really cool rune that I would love to run and fiddle with in many decks. Perhaps a non-tradable version (also given out at conventions) with alternate art would be best.

I can understand the hardcore collectors might be a little upset, but for this case at least it would be an EXTREME minority. How many active players even own this rune? Harbingers are still seen in rare occasions, but I've simply never met anyone who even owns this rune much less plays it.

Alternate versions for other factions would be sooooo fun too, but that's another of my whimsical ideas.

In closing; Re-print fan-faire. Untradable/alt art/event only/or otherwise. Nobody can aquire it (APPARENTLY NOT EVEN 3RD PARTY TRADE SITES!) and that is not ok.

I tried really hard to make my grammar correct, sorry if it's hard to read.

Ohmin and claydude5 like this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

all LE's should become tournament prizes imo.

chickenpox2, Mr.Knabber and claydude5 like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The recent pattern of making LEs special weekend prizes feels like it may be a mid-way solution to actually reprinting them in full. Doubt that will happen with Harbs, but maybe at some important convention or milestone a weekend tourney would have Fan Faire?

Anima26 and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Rokkushun

I feel like making it the occasional tournament prize would do extremely little to actually accomplish anything.

The people who get it won't trade it and the amount of runes in circulation would not really move which just sounds like a band-aid fix.

If it was a participation prize, then maybe.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because god forbid that we sin against the "collecting trading card game" aspect of this game, which has never before held this game back in any way.

Ever.

Tricky1, Pattn199, claydude5 and 3 others like this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Ohmin and chickenpox2 like this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think the way doombringers are currently is the way to go. I haven't seen anyone say they are meta in a long time. A BG that doesn't have one isn't worse than one that does. I feel that any other rune that exists in Limited Edition only should have the same treatment.

8. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Reprint Harbs

claydude5 and Rokkushun like this.
  9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Give every current player 2x of every harb except mark.

saromon50 likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I really need a new identity.

Anima26, Ohmin, Pixyrus and 11 others like this.
  11. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Limited edition runes are limited for a reason. They are not to be reprinted under any circumstances. That's what makes them so special. It's their limited number that drives the collectors in obtaining them. But I'm all for making an alternate obtainable leg version of them like the others. No rune should be unobtainable in a game. Their rarity can go for a toss. ;)

12. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

Hows about making limited runes only obtainable via winning a tournament? Then make them "untradeable" so that they are like an actual prize? Just throwing ideas out there.

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

A New Years harb tounry dose not sound bad to me. Doombringer tounry for Halloween maybe. Just limit the amount of times you can win a tounry right?

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Rokkushun

You guys really aren't seeing the big picture.

Tourny would help -for now- but eventually another noobie is gonna come along and be all "how do I get this thing?"

When the answer is "oh it's only a once a year tourny that you have to win 1st place" I don't think that they will be happy.

It might work for reskins, but this is a completely unique rune that actually has theme enhancing potential.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    DarkJello and claydude5 like this.
  15. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Le must be banned from ranked simply.
    le must have only a collection value not be a important slot in a theme bg.

Make all le cost 100 nora with 2 in any stats.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  16. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Making them untradeable is unnecessary. I like how things seem to be going now with weekend tourneys offering LE runes on some weekends. Can't wait for Christmas and Valentine's Day reskins.

Pattn199 likes this.
  17. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Make alternate versions available for use.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i was hoping that they will give a one-time lim pack to all current players as a 10th anniversary
    Lims pack gives 1 guaranteed lim (except harbs)

10% chance to get 150k dooms or
    500ks and angels (including grim'thir )
    and special lims (polymorph and fanfair) also a free expansion lim from all the expansions

19. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

Just make a legendary version recolored like the Angels and 150ks.

Let the collectors keep their Limiteds and let others actually have access to the units.

Anima26, Rokkushun and Silveraine like this.
  20. dirtylimey

dirtylimey Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have three fan faires, pm me with offers.