I wonder why Warding costs only 2 Nora.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, Jun 14, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

I cannot test right now, but does equipping Kanen Slipped (at 81 Nora) with Staff of Ascendance mean that you won't be able to destroy/remove the equipment at all (except with Divine Dispersal)?

2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, 3 does seem a little too low and like you said, it's obviously more valuable on expensive units. I dunno what the criteria for these costs is supposed to be.

fogandsteel likes this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

While it is technically between the two abilities, I dont think its cost should be. Preventing buffing and preventing debuffing have different values (aside from the obvious one being a negative cost and the other a positive).

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

3 Abilities: Shielded, Warding, and Desecrated Zone.

Also, Shielded's cost seems strange at first but if we take a look at the champions that have it, the ability isn't an auto pick even at 3 nora, which says a lot about the ability's usefulness: it's only good if the champion is likely to be targeted by enemy spells. So, like many spells in Pox, Shielded's power depends a lot on the champions it's on, and right now it's only worth its weight on Menalaus and Kanen Crone.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    fogandsteel likes this.
  5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

An Ireguard / Pincushion equipped with a tempest crown and some manner of pseudo warding / shielding is problematic for an opponent.

fogandsteel likes this.
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Pincushion/Iregaurd with Kingmaker is hilarious.

fogandsteel likes this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Oh wait, I meant shielded not warded. Shielded is the magic immune one.

fogandsteel likes this.
  8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Shielded grants immune to target spells, Ward provides immune to target spells from enemy and owner (so there is a negative there), DMZ provides spell protection from target and some AOE spells and can give 100% depending on good placement. Plus DMZ prevents buff spells from the enemy as well. Then there is the ST shield which gives CA1

DMZ wins hands down.

fogandsteel likes this.
  9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Is dicemoney just mw24? He's just about dumb enough and he has this FW bias.

Etherielin and darklord48 like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Drawbacks can be mitigated by deck building selection as well.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

unfortunately absolute morons are not a rarity in our world

12. Lushiris

That's why Shield was reworked. Majestic on Arrow Eaters is far from being a new thing though.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

also since it's been mentioned. Change kingmaker to only effect dwarves?

14. Lushiris

Why? I'm really, really itching to make a comparison with FW, but I won't.

EDIT: Too late, Undead Race.

Anyway @themacca , Kingmaker: yea, he is absolutely insane in the RD faction, and I honestly agree that something should be done, but just for the sake of discussion wouldn't changing him open a precedent to making people ask to have all gifts become racial? I mean, you know I wouldn't mind that, but I'm not sure that's really great for the game.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

fogandsteel likes this.
  16. fogandsteel

What is RD faction?

I used to run Reticulated Splinehawk/Voth Ireguard combo for a while; wasn't that bad.

PS. and what is ST shield that gives CA1?

17. fogandsteel

66 HP? He sure is one fat pokemon.

18. fogandsteel

If only DOG could incorporate Pokemon race into Poxnora! The popularity of this game would go into stratosphere.

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

We already have a Pikachu in the game. If you don't even know that much, how can you ever become a master?

20. Lushiris

Ironfist Stronghold, the faction with the Righteous Deflection Spell.

I personally prefer Jakei Pilgrim, he gives an awesome buff and is a solid champion as well.

ST Shield spell, gives champions in AoE 3 CA 1 and Spell Resistance for 4 turns.

fogandsteel likes this.