I would like to know.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyjpen, Apr 16, 2014.

1. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I defeated so many people yesterday in ranked play including like #17 or so limited at the time..... Why did I go backwards in uncommon league from around 20 something to 45? I should have moved up and not down.... I just seriously don't see the logic behind how I happened to move backwards in rank after such an efficient day. I even had a 5 consecutive wins in a row. And I am certain I didn't go over 10 games which means I had a definite positive ratio. This is absolute blasphemy.... i wouldn't mind rare league but I literally hate being in uncommon league... If next time I play I have an amazing game day like yesterday and I don't get out of uncommon league I won't want to play.... I am tired of hearing people say ohhh you are in uncommon league huh? Like seriously.... Only noobs or unlucky players end up in this stupid branch... No offense to either I just don't want to be apart of that too. Rank doesn't mean that much to me until I hit uncommon then Bane Shift is not okay... I don't know why I just hate it.

2. rickyjpen

Majority of the people I played and won against were extremely higher ranked then me... I play a few high end uncommon league players as well but I didn't pay attention to whether they were higher or lower... I lost to I think 2 of them. But I think it should be compensated with me beating someone that was like top 20 limited league, a couple exotic leaguers, some rare leaguers, and still beating majority of the uncommon leaguers I faced :/

3. rickyjpen

I think I lost about 4 of the games I had and won another 7 or 8 so actually I did go over 10 games. But I beat some people that were literally way way higher rank then me. I feel like that should have skyrocketed my rank. I don't see why a positive ratio like that would have put me at a lower rank. For me its actually really un-invigorating

4. rickyjpen

Everyone I played against in uncommon league was within 20 ranks of me to be more precise.

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

The rank system is bugged to hell, this has been known for years but also denied by SoE for years.

I lost a bunch of games yesterday and gained 20xp and went up in rank, lol

6. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

Your record doesn't show any matches played this week so it is impossible to verify your W/L. Your match history. I believe this is updated regularly. As way of proof, here is moles1909's record showing him lose three matches this morning.

With that said, the defense SOE would put up that their ELO system is relative. Meaning even if you won a whole bunch against higher ranked players, there is a conceivable scenario where those who are close to you in rank won more than you, resulting in your loss of rank.

With a player bases as small as Pox, the ranked system is very volatile.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

8. rickyjpen

Lucky Moles xP. I am doomed to remain uncommon league apparently lol.

9. rickyjpen

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

For me it takes one loss to go from exo to rare and one win to go back to exo. If I'd play more things would maybe be more stable ...

11. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

Rank doesn't mean anything. What means something is that you have fun playing the game. ;)

12. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Some time ago I lost three games, then won one against an unranked. Next day I got moved up from uncommon to rare, that was weird.

It is really strange, but in the long run the ranking system seems to do more or less the right thing, so I wonder if maybe it's just using old data or something.

Anyway, didn't they say at some point that the rating system was changed to be real time, only the ranking display would be delayed? If that's the case I really hope the rank will also be displayed in realtime soon. There is really no justification for the rank to not be updated in realtime. Of all the online games in the world, I don't see why Pox Nora should be the only one where that isn't technically feasible for some reason.