Ice Eater vs Fire Eater

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sub-Zero, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero The King of Potatoes

How is it that fire eater heals you not only for standing on it at the end of the turn but, also for traveling through it and taking it as damage. Yet ice eater is obviously weaker in comparison as walking through it does nothing. One's obviously better than the other here

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Because fire-based terrain causes damage while ice-based terrain does not? Eater abilities do not all need to be equal.

3. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Ice is also much more common as a terrain type, having two forms (those being Ice and Snow). In addition, being able to ignore the speed penalty from Ice is a pretty big deal (though, admittedly, most champions with Ice Eater would also have Arctic anyway). Incidentally, the other Eater abilities provide no benefits at all for terrain, and are typically of rarer types than Ice and Fire (Physical and Magic being the only two exceptions on rarity that spring to mind)

TeaNinja and Xirone like this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ice eater has access to more and better amplification, and spells like deep freeze.

5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Your forum name obviously points out your zealotry towards ice. Refrain from such silly things, please.

JaceDragon likes this.
  6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lol

TeaNinja and devrn like this.
  7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

And almost all Ice eaters have Arctic, so in addition to healing they generate extra AP.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buff ST, nerf UD!!!

9. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Arctic got packaged into Ice Eater at some point, there are no Ice Eaters without it. My point earlier was that there are few Ice Eaters that wouldn't already have Arctic anyway (I don't know how many out of ST Ice Eaters there are)

10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Actually ice eater is so much better that it should get toned down. Thanks for bringing this up!

11. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

the reason of this theard?

12. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Fire Terrain does damage, fire eater heal from it, Slow/Ice Terrain does -1 spd to non-artic champions, and artic champions have ready on it, that is the logical behind it,
    the true comparison its fire eater with artic, if you are looking about the terrain.

13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This thread is now about Mead trap vs Poison trap...cray cray amirite?

DarkJello likes this.
  14. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

They are different skills that work on different ways, that's all. Or are u saying there should be special magical terrain that should heal magic eaters too? Same for any other type?

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This thread could have been just as silly sounding if it were "Why doesn't fire eater give me ready when Im on fire damaging terrain?" ... bad comparison.

16. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

If you want to get pissed about "eater" abilities have some fun with Toxic Anuran and Revolting Fentek/ ten million poison clouds. If you're running a KF split you can also drop in a protection or too and go poison eating crazy with all kinds of champs! Sorry that ice is simply not as appetizing evidently...

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ice Eater is actually the better ability, if you look at the abilities themselves specifically.

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

because of arctic?

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If you compare them line by line, it's pretty clear that Ice Eater has more benefits.