I'd like some feedback on my FW deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DrakeArron, Jul 5, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

EDIT: One last question

I originally made this as a split faction deck, however then I came into enough shards to make it however I wanted, due to the generosity of someone giving me a welcome back present. As such, this is what I've made now-
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cd4ciNClDCvXcoPcaXclxcoXCgtcg1CjKc4ns4gs6AS4IS4NSgsns4frTr2PrZr8
    (edited to make it a more updated version)

The original deck was essentially made to be a "ton's of debuffs/effects in an affected area, which is where most battles will take place" type theme. So, things like fascinate + grim well, desecrated zones, etcetera. While this obciously looks like more of a witch deck now, I'd still like to keep that theme. Essentially makeing areas in which I have tons of bonuses. The primary version of such an area will now clearly be Dead Magic Zones, with fascinate + grim wells/Mysian Lamias coming second (this is why I chose to have Dark Seductress' instead of Coven Claws). However, if you have any other suggestions for things that give bonuses/debuffs in an area I'd like to hear them- I'm still incredibly new.

As well as this, I am still technically a free to play player and always have been, so deck experimentation wasn't really one of the things I could do for a while. I am also new in that I'm pretty bad at the game, so if anything looks wonky thats probably why.

Ok, I think that's everything. If anyone has any suggestions for this deck please say so- I'll only be able to build such an expensive deck once, so trial and error isn't really a factor here.
    Thanks,
    Drake

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

You got too many champs, I think the normal amount is 15-16. Essence drain, unholy tomb, warbanner are some good replacements and pretty easy to get.

3. DrakeArron

Yep, I figured that out. MikeLin offered me some advice, once I refine it with that advice I'll post the updated BG.

4. DrakeArron

Updated the original BG

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

2x doom is feels like over kill in here.

Croma extinguisher is awesome, try her out. (really good early game to counter when people look to use relics or equipment in gimmicky ways)

with xulos and 2x essence drain how could you not kill a champ? 2x doom just feels so unnecessary. If it where me I would drop both dooms for a another skull of decay, and maybe a reapers blade. I absolutely hate watching my opponent heal.

Arcane Enervation might be an okay spell to include.

6. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

word.jpg

potatonuts likes this.
  7. VIStoner

VIStoner New Member

where is the updated bg?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Disagree with dropping both Dooms. Go 1/1 split with ED. Support inclusion of Skull.

9. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

drop soulreave, add soulbane
    drop 1 despoil, add Forsaken Follower with ritual of power at 60 nora
    drop 1 doom, add Mist of the Dead (or another follower)
    drop 1 essence drain, add festering wounds, or desecration
    drop corrupter, add an equip

DrakeArron likes this.
  10. DrakeArron

One quick last question for this thread- do you guys think it would be worth it to buy the latest expansion for this deck? Only 1- 3 cards seem like they would be at all worth it, and even then its a stretch. I'm just wondering as I might want to spend money from time to time, however if its on something I can buy with gold anyway it wouldn't feel worth it.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think you should drop 1 Doom, though, considering you are running Witches. They depend more on real damage output than some other FW decks, so the second Doom will be a dead slot. Get a Bone Circle Staff instead.

You can probably pass on the most recent expansion for what you are specifically running, although something like Riftwalker could be valuable for the spot DMZ generation.

12. DrakeArron

I was actually thinking... Tea Scholar suggested the forsaken followers, and I agree their damage bonus would be beneficial, however them being the only source of summoned units would be annoying. However... I just got a creeping pustule (somehow I got a spirits beyond pack granted to me, no idea how), and that seems like it could work with this. It also goes with the theme, as the pustule would make the area I'm battleing in more in my favor. Thoughts?

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Bone Circle Staff is for anti-summon, not destroying your own summons. You need a counter to Swarm, and you don't have one. Riftwalker would be good as a stand-alone champ and for the SDZ generation; his summons are icing, take or leave. I doubt Pustule would be a fully-functioning include in your deck. Carrionlings would do minimal damage to the enemy, about as much to you, and the relic is expensive. If you can't take advantage of Portal or at least some other shenanigans, I'd skip it.

14. DrakeArron

hmmm, okay, thanks kalasle. I'll keep all of that in mind. Also, are you sure you don't mean riftlord, not riftwalker? Riftwalker doesn't have any dmz generation.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pfffft, you're right, Riftlord.

DrakeArron likes this.
  16. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I really wanna help you man.

Forsaken Follower - two things:
    you won't need any extra summoning champs. The FFollower is a standalone ritual of power spammer. If you keep one or two of them alive in the back lines, you'll eventually have numerous champs with outstanding damage.

Second of all, you won't need anti summoning champs either. FFollwer's ritual of power works on enemy summons and is very effective.

17. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Don't tell them our secret!!!

18. DrakeArron

Lol, thank you XD. Sorry I didn't respond to you more directly the first time. I'll keep all of that in mind, and try to adjust accordingly. I do think I will add the rift lord though, just in case. Also he seems like he'd essentially be a more effective bloodbinder count (dmz generator + dmz synergy + also being able to use all of my damage buffs).
    The problem I'm noticing most is not having enough nora compared to my opponents... but that could just be my fault. Other then that I'm not sure theres anything else I need... but thanks so much for being so.... aggressive with your assistance. Makes me happy to be in this community for once :).

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I would be real freakin' skeptical of relying on one champ, especially one like FF, to cover anti-summon over something like BCS.

20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think the real beauty of BCS is that you can just chuck it on any champ and not have to worry about losing it if they die.