idea: PDC vs DEVs tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ragic, May 12, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

******** ragic

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Take a moment and reread Gabriel ' s reply then, instead of deflecting, answer the question. If doing so honestly I think we'll all reach the same conclusion: nothing. Which, in turn, means this is just another no-purpose attention thread for which you are well-known.

3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Didn't a developer came out and explicitly said the names of the PDC would remain in secret to discourage or avoid being target of complains and personal requests?

So, ragic's idea is basically asking to made public what from a beginning was announced to be keep in secret. He is asking the developer do something diametrically opposed to their original intention and design, who would guess?

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The PDC is free to announce itself. Still your point is valid, this would require them all to be revealed.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

If using PDC members is the problem then other meta level players would be just as fun to watch. I don't know why its such a secret though, the nomination threads resulted in a pretty clear choice. It's sad that they feel they cant give their honest opinion about the game without fear of backlash. You guys have really created a warm friendly environment here, haven't you.

And yes, I do not play ranked. Can you blame me? They are revamping it for a reason. Its a pitty more of you weren't as discriminating about the damage that was being done to the game, perhaps more pressure from you would have prevented the games decline. And I highly doubt the disdain you guys show the f2p community is something DoG appreciates. Now be good little fanboys and stop trying to drive players away from the game.

Oh, and if you don't think I'm representing the f2p perspective well enough then by all means, give away your runes and show me how its done.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  6. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

For years I've opposed you're practices but sadly I have come to your side. The best way i can explain this feeling/moment is through this. I'm sorry if it it offends you.
    shame i can't find it =/ but it was an image of squid ward hating sponge bob from a window and sponge bob yelling stupid things with Patrick about how squid ward is wrong. It was so posed to say " growing up is when you realize you're squid ward" or something of that sort.

Ragic likes this.
  7. Ragic

It seems to be a rare thing on these forums to be able to support an idea you agree with regardless of who the poster is. Way too much lap dogging going on around here. Nice to see that there are a least a few players left who can read text in colors other than green and blue.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

what happens if the PDC or high ranker loses?

9. Ragic

lol

10. iodomy

iodomy Member

I like where your head is at with this idea, but I think we could go a step farther. Just don't let the devs play against anything but AP denial or tailwind until the revamp.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- FYI, a bitter veteran player giving/selling away all his runes because he thinks "the game is dying" then lingering (cuz why not)... does not make you a "new player" or the most accurate voice of said group. Let's pretend you weren't even bitter, you would still be a returning player with a previous knowledge of the game. This of course makes grinding from scratch when you once had so much "feel painful" ... its supposed to. Thats why people dont give away their collections and reroll for kicks.

- Now the Nux definitely needs a jump start, make no mistake, but grinding would feel less painful if you needed to still learn the nuances of all the runes and general gameplay like a new player would. Though people just want to jump into ranked, handed fully leveled champs with fully stacked decks.... and then cry when they get stomped because they didnt pay their dues learning the game in normals. But anyway, fight the good fight ragic but lets not try and hide behind the guise of "Nux crusader" quite so hard.

12. Ragic

Nux crusader.... I like it! I'd much rather speak about issues that affect new players than those that affect old players, true. The cost of entry into the game is far more important than the current cost of your snoogvie.

btw, do you have an opinion about the thread topic, or do you just enjoy talking about me as much as the rest of these guys do? Hmmm maybe I should make a new poll.

Whats the most fascinating topic on the forums today?
    1. PDC: fact or fiction
    2. Revamp: just a powercreep reset?
    3. F2P vs P2W
    4. Ragic

of course, if I made a thread about me, you couldn't try to derail it by talking about me, and that might cause your heads to explode.

You do make one relevant point though Chief. Im an older player. And since I'm a old player I'm far more comfortable with the sheer size of the runelist, have a working knowledge of what runes are good and which ones aren't, how to use poxbox, and the most effective way to farm for and spend gold. iow, the new player experience is even worse than mine. yikes.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  13. Thbigchief

- Also new players have a chance to actually enjoy the game as well. As for the thread? it's a thinly veiled attempt to expose some "super clever" point... that you keep regurgitating with a different front end. I liked this thread better when it was called "I don't like the game, its not subscription, its not balanced and its not free"

14. Ragic

I reread the OP. I'm not sure where you see the conspiracy, but keep fighting the good fight. Ragic is ever on the prowl and if not for your constant vigilance, the game might improve.

and btw, where are these new players you describe? when I look at the game lobbies I see about the same number in the battlegrounds as those who used to be split between ranked and casual. I see the new TG with no one in it. And I see the solo compaigns which have about half the number they used to.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Woah, now, chief. Normally I'm with y'all on the Anti-Ragic Train, but this thread is actually a decent idea that could really help with balance, as it gives the devs the perspective needed to properly nerf stuff based on actual experience, rather than just listening to the more vocal forum members.

Also, I think it'd be hilarious to watch the devs get their collective asses handed to them, that kind of thing is always fun.

Ragic likes this.
  16. Thbigchief

- I'm not anti-ragic, in fact I like "some" of his ideas... I do however have a problem with him masquerading as a Nux crusader.

17. Ragic

Fear not random citizen. When the revamp hits we will all be new players, and you will fall under my umbrella of protection.

18. iodomy

iodomy Member

Honest question, I'm sure there's some history I don't know here, but...why? Do you think this idea would somehow be bad for new players? I'm just not seeing the connection at all.

19. Ragic

It does make one wonder where their priorities are doesn't it. Something tells me that they are satisfied with a low playerbase as long as there is high new player turnover. I'd rather focus on player retention. That may be the rift you sense. Or it could be the PDC thing that pushed everyone's buttons. Perhaps there is no PDC and no one wants to explain why. Or perhaps these guys wanted to be on the PDC and didn't make it. At any rate its not the idea of a tournament involving the devs thats bugging them. I think. The personal attacks on me seem to have something to do with the fact that I'm grinding for gold in solo mode in order to buy my first premade deck rather than playing ranked, and they feel only high ranked players should post to the forums? I'm not sure what that says about their attitude towards new players, but it cant be good. Who knows. They aren't talking, just trolling.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  20. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Long story made short: Ragic stop playing completely for years, which didn't stop him from posting ideas ranging from pretty bad to interesting at best. Right before quitting the game, he gave away most of his collection, so right now he's trying to convince his experience reflects the view of a newbie who comes to the game for the first time. However, very few people take him seriously because:

• He already had prejudgements and ideas about how to run the game way before his supposedly called "nux campaign". He didn't came with most ideas after watching how a newbie approaches to the game, quite the other way around, he decide to feign a newbie experience to justify his ideas.
    • Rarely if ever his ideas are grounded on how the game is, but how other games are, ignoring the fact other games are other games, and Pox Nora is Pox Nora.
    • Demagogue. His posts stinks to demagogue based on an old "me vs the powerful rich bourgeoisie" (old players) speech, and "woe me".
    However, I do think he have a point about a blue name club who tries to support their ideas on their rank rather than the merit of their arguments. Said that, while I can agree with certain parts of his ideas, I do think his "solutions" are hilarious bad most of the time.

Thbigchief and BansheeX like this.