Idea: Why not have designated helpful players, just like mod?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EnigmaXIII, Apr 8, 2016.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I personally struggle with general game knowledge a lot. The forum is always helpful, you guys on here are great :) However, sometimes I just want a quick answer in game, without having to make a forum post.

So I was thinking, you know how in-game moderators have a yellow name? Why not have players like that, the new players can just PM about general questions. It seems like it could get annoying, but if that is what your into, I dont see the harm in it. They could have blue names or something, and new players could pm them if they need anything.

I personal would use this service often. I sometimes just wonder about the viability of things, or what runes interact well with others, or very basic things, like in game functionality.

Let me know what you guys think :)

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Just curious but do you never ask mods questions based on the game? As far as im aware we will answer any questions asked as long as we're not afk.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Qucas likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Don't trust this guy, I heard he took runes from some danny guy and never gave them back!

Also, you can generally ask people in the lobby or just mods in general (or make a thread in the appropriate forum) and people will be happy to help.

Qucas likes this.
  4. EnigmaXIII

Often, people in the lobby dont respond. Not to mention, when people decide to have a convo in the lobby, its very hard to get heard.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do this with yellow names, they'll answer your questions.

6. EnigmaXIII

But i think some players want to help others, without being moderators. Plus i think having more would be nice. There aren't that many yellows, I'm often on with none of them there.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

If I don't answer a question in game, I'm probably logged off/afk/dead, and if I'm afk and see the question when I return I'll answer it if nobody else did/if the player who asked didn't leave(yes I'll PM you). Don't take it personally if people don't answer though, some people don't check Global too often(a few don't check at all), or might just be afk or focused in a game.

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'd be more than willing to do this.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

There are a handful of players that already do this. I don't think there's needs to be different color names for them. Most mods will help when they can and I try to respond whenever I can. If i'm in a game I might respond slower or wait until the game is over.

I'd suggest joining a guild as well. PA has lots of beginners and helpful people, SW if you're interested in IS, RoK if you're interested in KF, and Sler if you're interested in SL, for example.

10. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Confirmed. PA is friendly to new players.

11. EnigmaXIII

You would be my first nomination
    But people seem against the idea, which is understandable. I know I would personally use this service, but others seem to see no need for it.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

For the most part being a positive influence and helping community members is one of the criterias for being a moderator.
    There are also guilds who's purpose is to be collaborative and help each other which is very much the case of Pox Academy (PA). Generally speaking the guilds are probably one of the better ways because it is more of a collaborative process for helping one another.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Do people still use that?

14. EnigmaXIII

All these theories were nice, but now that some time has gone by, I've put them to the test.
    Now I feel even stronger that we need these designated players.
    Most players are busy or uninterested.
    Especially if you need help testing a theory, or you have a lot of questions, or you just wanna bounce ideas.
    The lobby/forum/yellow are only good for short specific questions, they dont really guide you through anything

Karmavore likes this.
  15. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I'm always a really helpful person to talk to when it comes to deck advice, strategy, or general questions.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  16. EnigmaXIII

Ill message you when your online :D
    But see, like it wouldnt hurt if I could know that by the color of your name. That exactly why i think this would be helpful.
    People like karmavore and xirone and others are actually willing to guide you through a BG.

Karmavore likes this.
  17. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

In PA we always help working on strategy or tactic in group.