Ideas for Crystals Nora Gem Buff for losing fascinate

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I was trying to think of a simple solution that is hopefully easy to implement.

I am thinking the endless devotion range be increased from 5 to 7. This would help with giving separation from spell slams and 2x2 crystal champ problems. It would also make the defense of the Jakei a bit easier as you can force the opponent to expose them selves a bit more.
    I do not know if this would make things un balanced or not or even compensate the loss of fascinate. Crystals and Nora Gems are very different than anything else in Pox.

Another idea would be Luminescence Flight. Make use of Tiger eye :)

Ideas or suggestions.....

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think the range is fine as-is. It would be best to expand the theme with new luminescence abilities and spells. Imbue luminescence is underwhelming right now, so that might be a good target for buffs. Maybe a spell/ability that triggers luminescence abilities instantly. The biggest downside of crystals is that they trigger at the start of your turn, giving a lot of control to opponents.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I liked your bg yesterday, unstable ground hurts all your champions though. And you never answered why you gave up when you were in dominating position

4. Braxzee

Were you talking about me? I did use tiger eye recently

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

The range increase was a suggested buff shortly after the last change to the ability when I was still around the idea being you could much more easily get by with on Jakei with that range.

Personally I'd like the range increase and a few more Jakei that play well with them like shaman. Maybe one with a grant luminous ability or beckon elemental

With that said i know the new Jakei healer plays well with everything so eh

6. calisk

Just thought of a somewhat comical idea for an ability

Polish: target elemental with nora gem gains a random luminescent ability if it already has the ability then it gains one speed instead.

This would work on endless devotion units that temporarily gain the ability

7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I was glancing at the post and saw 'polish' and thought someone talked in this language, then i realized the sentence after the double dot is still in english.. and it took me a while. I need to go to sleep, I don't sleep well recently ;/

8. calisk

all right came up with some rune ideas to go with that ability because this is how I am lol.

frostbeard ice mason

is/st

description : When the jakei artisans brought life to the ice the frostbeard clan took advantage of a chance to improve their designs.
    race: dwarf

hp - 45
    def - 3
    damage: 7
    range : 3-4
    speed: 6

abilites:
    arctic
    trained: jakei - this unit counts as a jakei for spells and ability that requires race or class.
    polish
    Ice Craft: crystal guardian - destroy target friendly relic with ice eater. summon a crystal guardian with twice the relics current hp in it's place.

upgrade 1:
    boost : elemental, make ice, build em cold - target elemental within 2 spaces gains a rank of tough.

upgrade 2:
    detonate: relic, mason , scry -2
    detonate:relic, relocate: elemental, build em cold.

I tend to create a bunch of new abilities when i'm designing runes on my own, or more accurately I tend to vary existing abilities as much as possible unless something does not exist.

anyway the ice craft ability is an ancient ability players have wanted to see since ice crafter was created due to how useless ice blocks are, so I more or less reposted it for this new ice mason, it's a far more restrictive version of summon. I changed it from the usual ice block only to ice eater as a way for possibly other relics to get brought in now or in the future.

trained is an interesting ability I don't believe currently exists, but could be useful for future designs into other themes, maybe you want a brawler in a monk theme, or a bog hopper into a ferren theme, this could do it if the fluff matches up.

polish was already mentioned

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Braxzee likes this.
  9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Stationary Luminescence.

10. calisk

that's either incredibly op, or incredibly bad...

I'll pretend it's the good one.

11. Braxzee

Elemental Tactician

ST

When the Jakei went in to the deep tundra and discovered the crystals. Some of the Jakei that handled and spent a lot of time with the crystals became some what like them. Even some became infused with some of their Nora Gem qualities.

Class - Wizard

Race - Jakei/Elemental
    HP - 48
    Def -3
    Dmg - 0
    Range 1
    speed -7

abilities arctic, Gale, Arctic Slide Range 5 AOE 3 Champs are pulled 2 spaces towards the center and gain trail ice. Slowing luminescence

Upgrades - 1 Elemental Zephyr, Grant Flight, Grant Swoop attack

Upgrades 2 Force barrier, Snow fall 3, relocate Relic

This champ would help fill in some gaps of the Crystals control aspects, yet be useful in other themes. It also opens up Ice Dragon Statue, Ice blocks, and Sapphire crystals. I can see galling or pulling champs to line them up and relocate relic.

12. calisk

you really like gale braxzee hehe

13. Braxzee

I do....It is thematic, I like to play control style BGs, I even use Lock down and I LOL a lot when mobi does nothing or the KF slipstream relic. I like to Gale them around, slow them, freeze them and nerf ap generation. It s such fun!

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Gale just isn't an ability you can give out a lot since it can potentially do so much. also i doubt the range will increase from 5 because of poxs consolidation efforts.

I think a gravity well unit could help out the luminance play style quite a lot

15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Come on, what's not to love about the crystal champions becoming stationary if close to the great crystal flower.

16. Braxzee

That is what Arctic Glide is essentially. Similar to Gravity well and Spatial Displatia...I just removed the damage aspect of it and replaced it with trailing ice.

Honestly a Jakei champ with a simple pull and slam attack would go very far.

17. calisk

Not sure since most Luminescence abilities give those types of abilities to enemies the great crystal flower will make a garden out of the enemies

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Bring Immortality back on Crystals 2017.
    Then proceed to fix.
    Jeez.