If Titans had the Elite or Warding ability...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allyorbase, Jul 9, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

...without a cost increase, would they be runnable?

So, if Titan was reworked to be the same ability as Elite, only different in title, would that be good for Titans -- good enough?

If Warded were added to all of the titans, would that tip them over the edge into playability?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Someone needs to explain to me why they don't all have Colossal. Also, what is the Elite ability?

3. allyorbase

Elite gives Iron Will, Unstoppable, and Fearless, it blocks single-target spells like Fading Recollection and removal spells like Banish, and it prevents the unit from losing more than 30 HP at once from a single source of damage or loss of life. It also prevents equipping and I believe it might do some other snazzy things -- but the gist is that it is a beefed up version of Shielded + Titan.

It was created to keep players from abusing single-player campaigns with spot spells and such, but I believe it might also make the Titans more feasible.

Of course, Purified would also be welcomed, but I ain't holding my breath.

4. tangmcgame

Oh, right. That Elite ability. That's probably way too much without making them absurdly expensive. Then again, there might be a spot for absurdly expensive game-changers if they were that protected. But then they basically become a winmore champ.

Anyway, as for your proposal for Elite without a cost increase, I don't think that's a good idea.

5. allyorbase

Well, Titans already have Fearless, Planarbound, Unequippable, Iron Will, Unstoppable and Bloodless. Elite is basically all of that, but also protection from Fading Recollection and such (e.g. 50-nora things that turn a 120-nora thing into a really boring thing with good stats).

So, it's actually not a big leap from where Titans are now to where Elite would put them. If anything, I wonder if it would be enough to make them runnable.

Of course, Shielded would be another option -- or Warding, for balance's sake.

6. tangmcgame

I think it's just the total immunity to all CC that hangs me up. Warding would be my preference over anything (and Colossal, because it just makes sense).

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Titans should be so colossal that even 2x2 units have a penalty to damage them.

8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

no just no

9. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

iirc when titans came out colossal hadn't been thought of yet

10. tangmcgame

Which is why I'm suggesting they add it to them.

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I have been running voil prog with some success recently. But yeah to me they all seem like the perfect candidates for colossal

12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

if they are gonna put colossal on titans it should go from 12 nora to 30

13. allyorbase

Warding + Colossal is cool. But do note, again, that Titan already prevents most of the champ control out there -- it just doesn't prevent things like Fading Recollection. I'm not married to Elite. I would much rather they get Warding and/or Colossal. I'd run them, then, if they didn't get a big cost hike. Absolutely.

14. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

i do run SL one, same situation

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Colossal would probably be hard to put on them and keep them competitively priced, though. If they were to all gain colossal the Titan ability would have to be changed to give less abilities so as to bring the cost of the champs down, or their other abilities/stats drastically modified, and I'm not sure if I would support this.

One thing that would make sense too though would be to add the ability Mountaineer to the Titan ability. Their price and the nature of being a 2x2 is already a major drawback.... map terrain, for specifically this group of champs, should not be an additional drawback imo

attio26 and allyorbase like this.
  16. allyorbase

Yeah, I really don't think Colossal is a good idea on champs that have 16 DMG, 2 DEF, and 70 HP. Some themes are already hilariously bad against Colossal units (Faeguard Nullbeasts aren't exactly scaring any Titans to begin with).

I'd much rather see something like Mountaineer than Colossal. I think that's a great idea.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    KingJad likes this.
  17. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Good thread.

18. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I've wondered about a titan ability, which includes elite and mountineer but also has an artillery like effect if you have 2 titans fighting each other the all units within x spaces are knocked back and take y damage. Situational at best I know, but it has "2 giants fighting each other in epic movie like scene" type flavour.

Tarathil and Dagda like this.
  19. tangmcgame

That would be so Firking awesome! Approved.

20. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Bear Titan is still beast mode, it's just KF has so many toys right now no one is using it.

Other than that, the titans are a bit too expensive, but it is looking like the new cost algorithm should help alleviate some of their opportunity cost