I'm so fried

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Kharon, May 18, 2015.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

https://poxbase.com/deck/cwDctchmcq-CwAczwC9YC5qCyGCo9s1sdS33Sms8HS5Bs54r39rWe2w

the two missing slots are both boghopper glutton and collective ambassador

Basically a fry deck with some meta champs in there. You really rely on water gen in this deck and positioning, both of those aspects put the fry ability into perspective.

Fry does 8 damage to those champions in water 5 spaces in range(but only if the champion with fry is in water as well)

anyway has anyone else had success with this? I'm not really good at positioning sometimes and I lose some but also win some. I'm just wondering if anyone has mastered this BG and can give some advice/feedback?

Sirius likes this.
  2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Fry is a good ability, but I haven't tried it recently. It's particularly noteworthy that both Fry Frogs are very cheap for their stats (even after the recent recosting), though if you really wanted, I you could go with the Elder Murkwurm instead or additionally (though being Legendary they are a bit more expensive to get in the first place), which personally I'd use over the Tortun Favored. Keep in mind that Invoke Hungry Mire will also create "water" tiles to aid the Frying.

I'd also recommend Undertow. Fry is very telegraphed, for the most part, and Tidal Wave can have a long-ish cooldown, so Undertow make for unpleasant surprises and mess with positioning quite a bit, which is always good and you've got the water gen. Were it me, I'd probably ditch the Reverberating Blast.

Finally, I think I like Water Generator more then Circadian Vault for this particular BG. Hidden can be nice mind, but you've already got a lot of Alt damage, and being able to cover a much larger area with water could be more helpful.

Finally, were it me I'd prefer the recently revamped Botanist over the Ambassador for this one. Ambassador can get more damage with Surge Enemy and Starshine, but Botanist can bring Enduring Aura, additional Paralyze, and has more consistent (and non-physical) damage. More importantly, Botanist is much cheaper. But this is particular suggestion is largely down to personal preference, and whatever you feel is most important within the meta itself (perhaps Starshine is simply that much more useful against what you're seeing than Enduring or Nexus Aura for example).

Poxbase does seem to have the new runes in the database, just a Search problem, which is a shame.

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Noteworthy for Fry builds is also that Tidemasters Bandoleer gives you trail water. Which, in case your Fry champ is cut off somehow you can splash it in there and work the pan.

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Sounds like a cool idea and i havent tried a deck that utilizes Fry myself. Maybe a new champ with Fry could give us a nice little sub theme, i dont like the random tort for fry. :)

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

A new champ with Fry? We already have 4 as it is and that is a LOT.
    Matter of fact we recently got 2 extra when Magnetic Anuran and Elder Murkwurm got the ability.

6. Kharon

Yeah, 4 fry champs are enough. People already complain about it and if we get more it might get nerfed. LOL

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Liked for the title.

8. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  9. Anima26

I didnt realise there were so many now, mb.

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

There's a good argument for skipping Fry on Inventor and going for Spark Charge (particularly considering Ponderous), really, you don't even need to use all 4.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Elder Murkwurm is basically unrunnable and Inventor is suboptimal. The toads alone almost hold it up, though, they are really nice.

12. Kharon

Inventor with horn of order is pretty cool. His fry will no longer be 3 AP and you can spam it like Toads

13. Anima26

Are you referring to Ponderous removal via Horn? They recently removed it from Horn AFAIK.

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The only thing they removed from Horn was it's refund on Tremir, and changed making Ponderous removal Tortun specific (so no love for the Bogwood Mireoak anymore). As such, it'll work well with Inventor.

TheBulwark likes this.
  15. Anima26

I must have totally mis read the change. Good that it still removes ponderous.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Inventor/Horn is nice, but at that point you want to use the AP for invig/drive a lot, too, and it means a lot of eggs in one basket. I'm very much not sold on inventor.

17. Anima26

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  18. Kharon

19. Anima26

permanent

20. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Screenshot_2015-06-29-16-04-53.png This is the fry bg I made altho I have had no luck with it as of yet