Indy 500 Underway

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StormChasee, May 28, 2017.

1. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

It's called "The greatest spectacle in racing" if not one of the biggest one day sport events. I'm not a big fan of car racing, but I do watch this one. I've been watching it since the early 1970s. That's when some of the greatest names in the sport were active. People like Al Unser(sr), Mario Andretti and A. J Foyt.

This is the 101st running of this race.

I did check the weather and there is potential for rain. We'll see if they can get the entire race in. It is an official race if they get through lap 100 or 101.

At 1036 MDT (1630 UTC) they're well underway about 15 laps in.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. StormChasee

Spectacular crash with 2 cars on lap 53 between turns 1 and 2. Second car was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Somebody else went underneath Scott Dixon's car while it was airborne! It's amazing these people can walk away from such a crash. Race is red-flagged on lap 56 to clean up the track and repair the safety netting.

3. StormChasee

1815Z. They're over half way and a quick check of the radar suggests they should get a full race done.

4. StormChasee

Sato wins the 101st Indy 500 with Castroneves in second! Castroneves was in the car that went underneath Dixon's car in the crash about a quarter way through and he led in the last 10 laps.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

dear diary

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm taking my boys to see Cars 3 next weekend.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

IN 3D~!