Interested in making a Competitive return after 2 years

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Goblin King is strong but not OP as the abilities he gets are too random to make him OP. Same with Boundless Enthusiasm its strong but not OP. LoneWolf has used Naria Mindtaps Blood dispersal to devastating effect! Lonewolf also runs Hekation Bloodguard for insane healing!

Dont play Witches me and Gemma have discovered they got nerfed into the ground.

Arroyo can be tier 1.5+ so long as you have great support runes like Peaks Ifrit and Lich Magistrate. Zemi of the Elements is also x2 auto include... Personally I also run x2 Whirling Quarry. Lich Magistrate was cheap on PoxBox. Phynixe said he would have more respect for me if I didnt run Lich Magistrate as its OP, but at the end of the day its needed to make the Arroyo theme 1.5+... Dont bother with Peaks Dao or Peaks Dew, I have already experimented with em and they arnt quite good enough for the theme...

Anyway some tips.
    1) After giving Shadestriker Berserker 3 and it has enough ap for 2 attacks, you can essence drain the opposing champ to allow Shadstriker to 1 turn that champ, while ur other champs can 1 turn another champ in the same turn!
    2) Deploy both Smokeforms as quickly as possible to start amping up their damage with adaptive
    3) Zemi of the Elements allows ur champs to double tap pretty much every turn
    4) Before you go on a 1 turning spree try to have a Lich Magistrate deployed so that you can swarm loads of Revenants and then hex ur opponents remaining champs for the next turn!
    5) You need either Whirling Quarry or Skeletal Excavator to deal with relics, because relics are an Arroyo weakness... You could even run Elsari Tombraider or Croma Extinguisher for anti relics but personally I prefer instant relic destruction.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  2. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I'll keep those tips in mind, thanks.

Although it may be weak, I want to suffer through the trial of trying to play FF Arroyo first.
    After that inevitable fail, I'll pick up some Peaks stuff and run that split with this guidance.

Im not really interested in playing until I get these Rift Lords tho. So here I go again to the Lobby and Poxbox with a prayer lol

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

4. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Thanks alot @badgerale
    I submitted a trade. Anything else you need, let me know and I will try to get it for you.
    I appreciate it alot.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

no worries.