internet hiccups causing d/c problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by badgerale, Jun 7, 2014.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Hi,

My internet connection has periods when there are regular losses of connection, each lasting for just a few seconds.

This of course isn't pox's fault, but my issue is that while most programs will just stop for the duration of the hiccup and reconnect and carry on afterwards, pox stops and, usually, doesn't start again -- doesn't even say it's disconnected -- it just doesn't receive any more data, so if it's an opponents turn I don't even know that i've been d/ced until I notice he hasn't moved in a while.

If I close and reconnect it is fine (until the next hiccup), but this is losing me turn time and can make the game unplayable during unstable periods.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, so i'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to make it easier for the client to automatically reconnect after a short d/c. If there was some kind of client refresh button that would help.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

edit : Actually, this may be a problem with my laptop as restarting seems to often fix the problem -- disregard for now

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, if it is an issue with the laptop then we are really limited in what we can do, but it is good you found a temporary fix to your problem.

4. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

I have a similar problem. It only occurs when I'm playing Pox. After about 5 or so games, I will get the symptoms you describe, but usually I am UNable to reconnect. My entire internet connectivity gets jacked when this happens. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, and then sometimes I need to wait a while (> 20 minutes) before turning my system back on (everything then connects fine after this long wait).

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

What your describing may be a different issue, but we would need more information about what is happening because there is another issues where the game will start slowing down over time.