Ipox BG.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, May 16, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you list the exact combo? Then it might be easier to pick apart its speed and points of weakness. Losing to combo in Pox can feel frustrating, but like in MtG, if you don't tell people the exact combo or how it works, noone else can help work on the problem.

2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I cant tell you. the combat log doesn't work properly. so I cant actually tell you.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Doesnt Overload deal damage at the end of your turn so you can just spend the nora he is giving you and not take damage?

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  4. bagoftrick

no hes using a spell to stop you from drawing your runes. and a spell to pacify your champs so you cant attack. its a split between kf and sl.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you have any familiarity with the runes he played? From what it sounds like, he is running Overload, Truce, and I would bet Infestors with Nora Pearls as an upgrade. You don't need to detail the whole combo, just list out what he played.

6. bagoftrick

yes hes using infestors. overload and truce are certainly in play. hes using call of dragons. tainted statue. centaur regulator. Sprite. occuli slag.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sounds like the old Nora Link/Nora Pearls engine but just within SL now that they can get the Pearl effect themselves. Nothing new. I thought that interaction had been fixed, though.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Guessing he also uses Nora Trap

9. bagoftrick

it probably was. but were talking sok and having to remember not to rebreak something. its like aspect of violence all over again.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Dunno, might not be worth it. Depends upon how much he's generating, and how fast. Overload might just kill before that.

You know, if your BG has a single Channel: Stat champion you can just blow him out by dropping it an dumping all your nora on your turn. If this iPox BG becomes big, that would be the first and most obvious recommendation. Unfortunately, some factions don't have a Channel champion.

11. bagoftrick

there is like 3 runes with channel anything in the entire game =P. don't think that's a plausible solution.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

On the contrary, there are 12 Channel: X units spread over 7 factions. FW is the odd one out. Most of them are even totally viable.

Netherzen likes this.
  13. bagoftrick

I still don't see it as plausible. even if there are 12 who's going to run them as a just incase if they are useless otherwise? not all of them are bad but the reason most of them aren't run is because most of them are.

14. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Ipox loves his truce lock variations. Let him have his fun for a few days. It'll get nerfed soon. I hope the collateral damage isn't too big this time.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"If this iPox BG becomes big..." I figure it's like running a Sever Summons champ, or Unstable Powersource. You run it because it hard counters a small set of opposing things, not because it's good. If this nora gen BG was around in the same quantities, then picking up a semi-viable hard counter makes total sense. Just a bit of metagaming.

darklord48, Pattn199, Ohmin and 2 others like this.
  16. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

If it soothes you, I won't be able to play until end of next week.
    Please postpone your nerf-requests until then!

Ifem21, newsbuff, darklord48 and 9 others like this.
  17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Honestly, I feel like threads like this should be considered blacklisting. iPox is an actually creative player who uses original rune combinations and people rage because his bg's AREN'T the standard meta goodstuff grab bags that these same people claim to hate. Nothing that he's doing is against "the rules," and nowhere does it say that to play this game you have to win by hitting your opponent's champs until they die.

Fentum, Ifem21, sassquatch and 13 others like this.
  18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

This is kind of CorpsE's and SOE's fault they are the one who made a lot of this runes and making the loopholes for players to abuse.
    They left us with a wreck of a game so that it almost impossible for new players to enter or annoy old players.
    Bet they are laughing at out faces

19. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

Cruz used to nerf such stuff in two days.

20. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

What fault? This is just good deck building. If it is really broken and abused, it will get taken care off.

Pattn199 and Ohmin like this.