Ironfist Minister

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Zythraak, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I really want to like this guy, but I just never play him. Am I missing something, or is he just not that good? I know his drum ability is awesome, but he seems pricey just for that. What upgrades do people run him with?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

favor costs 8 nora, it generates 5 for each spell cast, so if the minister stays alive the minimum time, it starts to gen nora, enabling powerturns otherwise unavailable in IS and he also tanks magic, it's really good.
    Of course that if you compare him to elven bard, you'll feel he's bad, but it has to do with KF faction bonus and with a champion that cannot stand his grond against anything, compared to a relatively tanky minister

3. Zythraak

I suppose so, I should try to squeeze him back in my BGs, thanks.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

1 defense and magic resist1/2/3 is relatively tanky?

He's a good unit if your BG has lots of cheap champs. He's just a bit costly now and without invig1 I'd just rather use other champs.

And I'd rather council over favor any day of the weak:
    1) Don't want my hiddens given away.
    2) Do want their hiddens given away.
    3) I'm not a spell spammer
    4) I face alot of spell spammers.
    5) I rarely cast two spells in a single turn so the nora gain is 2 turns away from benefit.
    6) I can use the nora gained in 1 turn.

5. Zythraak

Do you run him in most of your decks, or not? I've noticed my hiddens get given away with my Magisters, what would you recommend I replace them with?

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If I was running Magisters, I'd be pumping them up with non hiddens. Also, when I do run adaptive/favor, I run RD and Refute and try to make a situation where either can be played (not difficult).

Alot of the time in higher ranking games, your hiddens are going to be fairly obvious. Maybe not refute, but RD will.

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

He's a support unit but throw a tales, a blade and let him contest one time, he can nab you a font if the match up is solid.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

With Favor he's great.