IS angels

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by nepyonisdead, Jan 12, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I am starting to fall for IS eventhough they have no anti summons and seism tools but still they are fun to play and its fun to play with normal ''people'' rather than lizards and frogs. Onto the main point Angel of mercy is an amazing idea but her stats and lack of intensify make her a bit costy for what she brings to the table. Angel of protection again awesome concept as a tank / cleanse option but still 87 nora ...I find that highly unjustified. I just want the input of you guys so you tell me if its better to change some stats/ play with the nora cost or am I just plain crazy

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

FF IS:
    Bastion - Aid Def/Stone or Storm
    Angel of Mercy x2
    Angel of Protection x2
    Angel of Mercy x2
    Arrow Saint x2
    Pox Harbinger x1
    Melee Meat (Ghoulhunter, Inquisitor, etc)

Standard Spell Support
    Blessing of Al'mara
    Warchief Inaug - Can put on ranged champ for cheap rend and bypass merciful on Mercy
    Griffin Support Spells

Providence - Ranged defensive Strike
    Medal of Valor -
    Soul Reaver

nepyonisdead likes this.
  3. nepyonisdead

great bg buddy but I wanted ur opinion on whether the current angels are good enough for their cost in a faction that doesnt scale

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I would say IS scales. The problem is that IS Angel isn't good enough to be used at 87 nora. Angel of Mercy just doesn't really do much.

For them to be used more/meta they'd require a small buff.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. nepyonisdead

Pretty much what I was trying to get at brother, I Like IS alot and want to run them in the future but I want them to have all tools to fight meta like anti summon champs and seism and not have to pay 87 nora for an ''okish'' rune at best

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

New angels coming in xpac though. See how they impact everything.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So 4 Angel of Mercy's?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

8 if possible

Baskitkase likes this.
  9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Flying ability is very nice though, not sure how much it makes our units cost extra. But both angels and wings are expensive compaired to our dwarf/barbs. On a sidenote i wonder why we have both demi-god and angel as race? And why dont consecrate the earth work on those 2 races? And why is the archangel the uncommon angel compaired to the others that are legendary? :)

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There was an expansion that each faction received a limited angel. Later those were rereleased as legendary.

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I know you don't want to hear this but if you split KF you can make angels even more IS-like than keeping them ff.

BoA creates a protective warcry unit out of Vashal Cavalier and Spirit of Endurance is the only rank5 endurance champ. Together they create a mean phalanx.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Saw that BG in action yesterday. Was pretty cool.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am always wondering how many undiscovered decks there are.

15. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

So so many, you just need to be a little more creative and have the resources. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to build and test any deck they want. How about a "test" area where you can add any rune to a deck and play it in a game mode where you control both sides for testing reasons. Right now the community is pretty uninspired to create new decks for a couple of reasons.
    . It is difficult to get all the runes needed to actually create a deck and sometimes what looks good on paper actually isn't all that. Its pretty hard to justify getting all the runes together to make a deck that might not work.
    . Humans are generally lazy so and so's and its much easier to copy a deck that has already proven to work well.

It usually takes me a good 2 weeks of testing to get a BG to 99% my liking and further tweaking depending on meta.
    Then another 2-3 weeks before a hotfix undoes all my hard work so thanks for that Sok <.<

Bottom line is we need to make it easier to build and test decks.

Any plans for this going forward?