[IS Champion Concept] - High Inquisitor

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Markoth, Jun 3, 2014.

?

IS is OP?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

First off the point of this concept is to replace the Veilwalker's position as a staple Inquisition/Paladin support unit. One of the main issues that Paladin players face is their expensive units vulnerability to removal and instant-kill effects. This is one of the main reason that the Veilwalker is so frequently run, Cast: Despoil covers the vulnerability but at the expense of losing that "holy" feel. I also aim to lower the "buy in" cost of Paladin decks by having a strong lower rarity option.

Secondly, I had to make a few ability text changes to build this concept. Sermon has long been a Draksar exclusive ability but would be very flavorful in the religious fervor of the Inquisition. The ability has been re-written to the following:
    Sermon - [AP: 2, CD: 4] Friendly units with the same race as this one get +1 DEF, +2 DMG and +5 HP until this champion next moves. This ability does not stack.

So without further ado I give you the High Inquisitor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Inquisitor

Size: Small
    Race: Human
    Class: Paladin, Priest
    Rarity: Rare

Stats:
    Cost: 68
    HP: 45
    Def: 2
    Spd: 6
    Rng: 1
    Dam: 0

Abilities:
    Holy Presence - Friendly units within 3 spaces of this unit are Shielded and have Impenetrable
    Passive
    Righteous Shield
    Sermon

Upgrade #1
    Heal Mass 2 - -4 Nora
    Heal Mass 3 - Default
    Cleansing Flame - -4 Nora

Upgrade #2
    Empathy - 4
    Enlightened - Default
    Camaraderie - +4

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

He/she looks interesting....

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think a 68 Nora cost Paladin that is basically a jack-of-all Support is too efficient.

This guy can even be 76 Nora when you account he:

Heals/Cleanses
    Discounts
    AoE Shielded/Impen
    Righteous Shield

while can also be ducked near shrine

Sermon

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why is it both paladin and priest?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If he is ducking near shrine just for sermon then your units do not benefit from Holy Presence and you are basically paying 68 nora for a pseudo-warbanner which is far from efficient. He has to be in the middle of combat or at the very least helping in the middle font to get full use out of him. He also doesnt benefit from Holy Presence or Sermon himself and doesnt have any defensive abilities other than RS if you are choosing to use on himself so he is very easy to kill. He is cheap"ish" because of how large of a discount Passive brings. I cant think of any passive unit in the game that is more expensive then low 60s.

All that said I am not happy with Camaraderie on him. Though if you take the upgrade he is now a 72 Nora passive unit. I just couldn't think of a different upgrade that fit.

Same reason NCP is a Priest, Paladin. Paladins as a class are typically holy warriors. This guy though is a Priest of a Paladin order although he is not a warrior himself.

6. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just looks like a power play for added synergy power tacked on to the rune. Does everything really need to be a paladin? AoM could be a priest with little to no issues, exemplar could be a shaman, etc
    If he/she is a priest of a paladin order yet not a warrior cant really be a paladin since they are the "warriors" of the faith. Anyway just saying, keep it as you will.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Also agree that a passive paladin is a bit of a contradiction. Why not easy target instead?
    I like your idea, though, to make an alternative to veilwalker. I believe cast: despoil is going away in the revamp or at least will be heavily recosted, according to the QA sessions with gedden, so this suggestion seems a bit premature.