[IS Champion Concept] - Lightcaster

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Markoth, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thought I would carry over some of my more popular rune concepts from the old forums and update them a tad to the modern state of the game.

Name: Lightcaster

Size: Small
    Race: Human or Dwarf
    Class: Priest

Stats:
    Cost:70
    HP: 47
    Def: 2
    Speed: 6
    Rng: 2-4
    Dam: 10

Abilities:
    Attack: Magical
    Burning Light (Whenever a champion becomes Blinded it also become Charred 3)
    Dazzling
    Radiant Blow

Upgrades:
    Detection 3
    Divert
    Illuminate
    Projection

• What role is this Rune intend to fill?
      • An efficient mid-ranged support rune that can fit in different battlegroup themes across the faction.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
      • Closest comparison would likely be Dwarven Magister or Veilwalker but they both lean in different ways. Magister more towards a combat role and Veilwalker is more of a combat first and support second kind of rune. Lightcaster would be a Support first, combat second rune.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
      • Priests are typically shown as healers in this game. I would like to see some of the other aspects of fantasy priest stereotypes.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
      • Fits within different competitive themes for an efficient price.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
      • Fun ability combinations.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Pico likes this.
  2. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Is burning light supposed to be activated or were you going for more along the lines for "If a champion is Blinded, it is also Charred 3."? It's actually really annoying to try and word that xD.

I like it though, thematically fitting.

xRugolth likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I was thinking more along the lines of a global effect that when a champion becomes blinded it also becomes Charred. Majority of the time it would be a strong asset coupled with this rune's ability set but if your opponent has blinds as well it could become detrimental to you adding a bit of risk/reward.

xRugolth likes this.