Is it a teenager thing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cydna, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Girls und Panzer, History nerds is best team.
    they sorta skip over the fight against Anzio so don't forget to watch that OVA too,
    or watch the guiles theme goes with everything version:

I like the accurate portrayal of the Porsche tiger:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

skimpy girls and tanks? Sign me up

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah i'm done

you and this high horse of yours, I don't know either to be disgusted or laugh, I really don't want to write some few paragraphs just to try and explain to you why I do the things that I do.

But saying that simply my wish to fight (no I don't WANT to fight Firking farmers, but it's part of the job man, like cleaning the shitter then so be it.) makes me no better than a ****? K i'm done

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm kind of curious, actually- who do you think has demonized the nazis more? the US or Germany?

i mean, i know that the bad guys in a fairly huge chunk of american media (movies, some tv, comic books) are either nazis or russians, that the fact of **** atrocity gets drilled into us from a few angles from a fairly early age

just sort of wondering how much of that happens in the Germland; gives a different thrust to saying 'no better than a ****'

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Why don't you attack the argument instead of my choice of words? If you don't fight farmers don't do it, perhaps?

I dunno, certainly isn't polite in intelligent circles.

6. Tigre

Tigre New Member

Hang in there. Having to deal with a severe bipolar depression from a really really young age, it's not easy at all. I sort of learn to manage. It's easy to get mixed up in your feelings and the weight on your shoulders. You seem to have a lot of friends though, let them in your life. Share your experiences with them. You have a plan for your future, fight for it. There's nothing you regret more than not working your hardest for your future when you get older.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Also, I just remember someone mentioned author somewhere.

I love reading books and I think something that has to do with me being sad is that I haven't read any books in a while. So I'll probably go get some new books to read. But then again, books/movies make me even more sad when I realize my life will probably never be as amazing or eventful as that imaginary world.

If I were better at writing, I would try to write a book. I have a pretty good imagination.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  8. Tigre

Tigre New Member

I know what you mean. Escapism is pretty harsh. On the other hand, books and movies are awesome. Keeping the perspective is key.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

On average, I read a book in 2-3 days. I think if I read it slower maybe I won't be as sad when it's finished. When you feel connected to the characters at the end of the book, that's when you know it was a good book.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I read over a page a minute. Generally I can finish a 400 page book in about 6 hours of straight reading. Depending on how engrossed I am in the book. Trust me; I understand your fascination with reading.

Edit: When I feel connected to the characters at the end of the book, I hate it. Then I always wish there was more story. XD

11. Boozha

Maybe you should try becoming a reporter ... You'd get around and adventure, write and be far more free than in the military.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I wish I would become part of the story QQ.

@Boozha I dunno, reporter doesn't really sound a fun thing to do.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

ok, know that I aspire to be as good a man as Erwin Rommel in that my enemy both respects and hates me and that I would more than likely ignore my commanders if I truely dislike my orders enough that I feel wrong doing them. Which I would if given orders are to kill innocent or harmless beings.

I don't even know how we got on this topic

I do that a lot, when reading I picture how I would have handled the situation and how I would interact with the world. Probably one of the reasons the world seems like such a drag to most people who also do the same.

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I guess we can all agree, it's covah's fault

Geressen and Cydna like this.
  16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I had the same issue when I was growing up. After bouncing around several times in my young life I had been really disconnected from what I had come to call my "life." I had to deal with the pain of letting go more than I'd like to share. But through it all, sitting where I am today. I don't think my life could have happened any other way, and by that I mean. I definitely wouldn't be who I was today if it hadn't been for all of the bullshit I was dealt. I was diagnosed with manic depression at the age of 16, and back then I let it control me. I always thought that because of this "condition" I was going to be miserable for the rest of my life, and with that notion in my head; it manifested into reality. I constantly dwell'd on the past and couldn't really see anything ahead but the same utter helplessness I had come to know so well. But looking back at all the Bane Shift I gave myself for little things.

It was all meaningless, I had a great life with amazing friends. My family was the stem of most of the depression as I never really had any concrete relationships with them. But as I got older and started to distance myself from the people who where harming me. The fanatical badgering of self slowly began to fade away. I dove head first into everything I had involved myself in because I knew at that point in my life, I had no one else that was going to baby step me into things. My friends supported me through everything, but at the end of the day It was my own desire to not hate myself for things I had no control over. That was the ultimate "cure" for my depression.

I'll never get over some things that happened in my life, but that's just the way I'm wired. (Well, actually a lot of people are like this) Even to this day, I do have these moods that swing in like a Firking hurricane and make me do a 180 on how I'm feeling. But through experiencing everything I have in my life, the ability to "repress" or "dissolve" these feelings has become a breeze. It's a matter of minutes and I'm back to normal Brandon again. It just takes time, Marc. These things will never go away, but your ability to deal with them gets better as you get older. Have faith in thy self, and forgive all mistakes you've made.

Life is short, but then again it's also one of the longest things you'll ever do. Don't get caught up too much in what could have been or what wasn't. Learn to focus your attention to right now, and your future. That's one of the biggest things for me. Is to always focus on my future. It helps tremendously. Hope things work out for you man. We're all human, learn to accept that.

TL:DR;
    There's a Karmavore in all of us, eat the negative Bane Shift up and spit out rainbows n' stuff.

Qucas and Cydna like this.
  17. When I was a lad my father told me to suppress my feelings. By golly it's worked well for me so far, I turned into a jolly good gentelmen.

18. Boozha

... Burn?

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Beg your pardon?

20. Boozha

Burn.

SPiEkY likes this.