Is it safe to play KF yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarathil, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

Since everyone says ' KF OP', I'm wondering if there's any theme to play in KF that isn't along those lines.

"Already have a Tortun one".

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I though the problem were trees only...

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Elves too innit

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Which Elves are over the top? (so i can look at them)

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Most of them, really. They're the same kind of OP that Deep Elves are, in that a good majority of them are in the efficiency sweet spot.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is correct.
    But dont worry, I heard that the best way to make something less OP is to release even more OP stuff.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, before the revamp, the elves had low stats and depended upon boosts to be effective. Now, after the revamp, those low stats help to keep the theme at rather efficient prices (in general, there are exceptions, of course).

8. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Archers. They get hard countered enough that you can rofl your way through the "Range OPNURF" comments and still enjoy the game.

Tarathil likes this.
  9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

"Most of them" List some examples please. Over the last week all I've heard is "KF is OP." k? Trees are insanely OP atm, sure. What else? Falconer still pissing people off? What else?

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Ironically, anyone complaining about Elven Strategist being OP. Literally only thing that has changed on him since revamp is the addition of teleport, cost is actually more then what it was pre revamp. What else do we have on the hit list... Deadly Trackers? 69 is a little cheap, put them back up to 75. Still struggling to find how that makes the entire faction OP.

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Calm down... ST is OP and we have only one theme over the top.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol, I'm as calm as summer breeze. There's little support behind peoples cries.. KF is OP isn't a solid opinion when talking about balance, but hey. That's to be expected when you have such a.... Diverse set of.... Minds. But what do I know, I'm just another Zealot.

Buff kf!

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its always been safe to play KF, its being the KF representative that's dangerous

Etherielin, Sirius and Tarathil like this.
  14. Molosse

Not to correct you mate, but Strategist has seen +1spd and +8hp for a very similar cost, now while it's not too much the addition of both the speed and the hp make him a much more viable close range support champion. In addition we can't honestly judge balance based on a pre-revamp scale, as I continue to say, many themes have been made worse BUT overall they have become better in comparison to many other themes. This same thinking can be applied to individual champion runes.

So for example Strategist is very similar to his pre-revamp incarnation with a few small boosts, in the new meta with changes to many notable runes this still makes him very powerful comparatively.

15. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

Garu and Fairies are probably ok...what about Beast/Vashal? Should watch more KF games..but they're mostly trees :(

Leadrz likes this.
  16. Molosse

Garu are bordering on viable at the moment, I've been told that Fairies are too flimsy, Beasts/Vashal excel because cheap meat is king.

17. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Yeah kf beast are pushing it right now. A lot of cheap meat and boost are problematic. This is a game wide issue though.

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

While you're correct Molosse, those 'boosts' to stats where in his original upgrade tree. Most people had taken +1 spd/relocate ally some people had taken +8hp/Ally. With that said, I can understand how people miss these factors tho, he was more or less given a free upgrade from his original kit. Be that as it may the cost increase makes up for either of the upgrades. He'd be runnable even if he was given a nora hike to appease the masses.

19. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Everybody knows that "IS is OP" because Markoth says so

Tarathil likes this.
  20. Molosse

Exactly, he was always bordering on runnable and in the current revamped Pox he's well up there with all the other efficient monsters dominating the game at the moment. The issue I see we have with this and many other nerfs is that, what with pre-assigned nora costs to abilities and stats, it's very hard to suggest changes since a straight nora increase, which would be the most effective change, is unnatural when attempting to follow a costing formulae.