Is Kratch the most useless hero?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Compost, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Recently I made a boghopper bg, and threw in kratch because he's a hero and a baldhopper. But what does he really do? range 3-5 11 damage guy with a dot? Isn't he just a more expensive darkmarsh fury?

I got what I assume is supposed to be his equip, the spear thing that looks like what he's holding, intending it for him, but 9/10 times I find I'm just giving it to tidemasters or something instead.

Is Kratch even worth including in a boghopper bg? He has zero real synergy with the theme outside of his race.

Gekaal is pretty dope though

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Precision is a very good ability, so is heart strike, even better when he's also got a dot and he's among one of the more difficult to kill ranged units.

3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I'm not a fan of him. 85 Nora for 7 speed and leap 3 makes him easy to move around. I just want something sexier for that cost.

Also, Ancient Baldhopper for midterm!

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The problem with Kartch is that he was originally intended to be an exotic rune run x2. His original title was " boghopper finlord". He looks out of place, because he is. The finlord was released to be a jumping statmonkey with a dot, regeneration 3, and a minor heal ability (sustain). Instead of taking the time to evaluate "boghopper finlord" properly and redesign him with unique abilities that would have required more work they slapped the name "kartch" on him and gave him hero status allowing for 1x include GG "boghopper finlord". The revamp and certain developers have since neutered Kartch's stats, removed sustain, and lowered his rank of regen, because "reasons". I for one petition for a complete rework of "boghopper finlord" in favor of a new revolutionary design devoid of the original hack job performed on the boghopper finlord transforming the rune from 2x include to a bland hero with the name kartch who now has neutered stats, reduced regen and no sustain.

Anima26, Qucas, 4NIK8 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Haha I never knew that, that makes sense. It seems like most heroes have some sort of unique ability or synergy, like xulos, or are just an op combination of abilities and stats like Serkan. There is absolutley nothing unique about kratch, you could just call him "Boghopper anything" and he'd be just another dude. I dude I probably wouldn't even run.

I mean, he has regen rank one, lol. What champ besides sundered land champs who have auto regen has regen rank Firking one? Why even bother

Qucas and profhulk like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

No that would be Moragen

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

:( but she has such a good unique ability

8. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Personally I like her sirens song. I mean, I'm far to bad a player to know how good she is, but more people have firked up their turn due to her ability against me then due to any other reason. That has to count for something right?