Is Pox Portal coming back?

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by yohex, Mar 28, 2014.

1. yohex

yohex New Member

I still have around 40 exotic credits in the store from when I took a break a while back, any clue if it's coming back?

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I highly doubt it.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I doubt it as well.
    Gainer shut his shop down and left the people with credits in it hanging.
    At the same time he tried to sell his shop/runes.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

If you would like to exchange your credits for runes, feel free to contact Gainer directly to organize a private trade. As it is, unless the game grows again, I don't believe that he will bring his shop back.

5. BansheeX

If he comes back I doubt he will get much revenue. His way to close off the shop was handled badly imo.

6. stfn

stfn Member

Tried and ignored.

7. BansheeX

Sounds like fraud to me.

Last November he said:
    "Closing up the trade store for a few days. I will reopen it with a slightly limited supply. I was considering closing it completely and cashing people out with credit, but instead I will be slowly cycling runes out that I will reserve for the cash store strictly. So basically, all overstock and runes that I have plenty of will still be available for trade, which is still a significant portion. Everything im low in will be moved to cash only. I dont have the time to fill trades and keep up with the trade store and I'm mostly only interested in cash. Either by way of cheap rune sales or a buyout on all my stock. I'd be willing to entertain offers of any sort and will consider the highest bidder. Otherwise, enjoy the cheap rune sale im offering.
    If you see a rune cheaper anywhere else just send an email and Ill customize the price so that its lower. Also if you spend 100$ or more ill double your credit as a bonus on top of offering lowest price."

He has not reopened his shop, he ignores emails, people still has credit at his shop they can not use.
    In my country that is the basis for a criminal fraud case that will lead to conviction with jailtime to be served.
    US laws may be different.

8. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

There was a pretty big time window where you could get whatever you had stored out. I certainly did.

The first message (September) saying he wanted to sell everything was the sign to get out of gainer's.

BansheeX: If someone rips you off on the trader, are you going to sue them and ultimately sentence them to jail, too? They basically took your credits.

9. BansheeX

There is a difference and I am sure you know it.

Anima26 likes this.
  10. Queegon

Took this out from his site's general rules: 1. Use this site at your own risk.

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Well, you can think of him closing down his store for business, or maybe even declaring bankruptcy or not really. The credits were his to give and his to take away.

Anyways, it took a while for me to get in touch with him, he doesn't really feel a strong connection to Pox anymore I don't think, so it may take a while. I can try to see if I can poke him again, but yeah.

12. BansheeX

In Denmark that sentence would mot protect him from fraud.

13. Queegon

I think you have to realize that everyone had at least 2 months to withdraw everything they had stored. If someone didn't make it, is the storeowner to blame? He can't expect everyone to be on time just like you can't expect him to be responsible for other people.
    If Denmark then decides the person who ran the store is guilty, well I'm glad I don't live in Denmark.

14. Forg0tton

Forg0tton New Member

A friend of a friend confirmed he is still trading from the cash shop.

15. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Yeah if you email him about cash store he will do it

16. stfn

stfn Member

He responded to me about cashing out my credits in under a week. He's got life things to take care of.

17. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I hope he takes no offence on this comment, but do he actually believed someone would pay... huh... $5,000 for a domain and some runes of an almost dead game? IIRC, the first time he tried it the price was much higher, then lowered to six grand, then again down to five.

Anima26 likes this.
  18. BansheeX

He hoped someone would fall for it I guess.

Anima26 likes this.