Is PoxBox the only website rune store left?

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by hugonomics, Mar 7, 2015.

1. hugonomics

hugonomics The King of Potatoes

are their ANY rune stores off site besides PoxBox? PoxPortal seems to not have added new runes in what a year?? Just curious is all been away for a bit and not fully in touch with the game and just seems unbelieveable only one rune site still standing ??

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As far as I know, yes. PoxBrothers closed a while back. PoxBox is unfortunately all that's out there right now. Automated trading is apparently worth enough to enough people to support grotesque margins in a monopolistic market.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Gainer jumped ship when SOE did.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

As far as I am aware; yes.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Do you see anyone else put in the work to start their own store?

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I can't wait for @Nea 's trader thingy.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nope. Partly because it is a ton of work, and partly because they would then have to compete with the entrenched PB. I know comment sounded aggressive or condemning of PB -- it was a little -- but I don't use it, so it's more an observation than a moral proclamation.

8. Zilla

Zilla New Member

I need to train my back-end and scripting skills, I could try.
    I also can easily make a smarter currency system, linked to forged values.

People to manifest interest to adehere and deposit when it's done, thou.

edit: typos.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you made a simple system with better pricing than PB, with an intention to compete -- I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

Joker and Valkyr like this.
  10. Zilla

Zilla New Member

I 've already have a drafted the values the pricing. And i think it is better than PB because it computes the nora shard value and cost of the runes.

The idea is that every trade should be more efficient than forging. Wich many times is not the case in PoxBox specially for low end runes.

As I said its just a draft. I have to do a little more math polish out the system.

The pricing ranges would be something like this:

....................... in ........................out
    cs C ............... 1~5 ...................... 2~8
    ex C ............... 2~10 ................... 4~15

cs U ............... 2~12 ................... 5~16
    ex U ............... 5~25 ..................... 10~32

cs R .............. 10~50..................... 20~60
    ex R .............. 25~100 .................. 50~120

cs E .............. 40~200 .................. 80~220
    ex E .............. 120~400 ................ 240~440

cs L ............... 60~300 .................. 120~330
    ex L ............... 240~720 ................ 480~800

The idea is that if (and only if) a rune is overflowing it will be converted to shards, so the minimum value a rune could have is its shard value.

The maximum value is the rune cost with a multiplier as a margin. Also Only very low stock runes would be at max price, every rune with a healthy stock would have its out value lesse than its shard cost.

I can start the shop manualy with commons, uncommons and rares to test the pricing system.

The automation project would take some time since it will be a study project.

Edit: will format better when I get home.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Capricis likes this.
  11. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Zilla, you do know that poxbox actually works that way right? Only prices can sometimes drop below the lowest shard value, which isn't a problem because people can then 'make profit' from it by trading them out and trading back in the runes that are worth more. Its a system that keeps itself in balance, already....

The only system that really works and I am close to is having all runes set too 1 max price and let stock decide by every rune. With CURE runes a slightly better credit/shard ratio so people can use it as a trade off, high rarity(legendar) more credits or relatively more credits with less shards.

For a few months now poxbox applies this system and they are directly linked to the forge prices as a result literally ALL runes are traded at some point or another per week.

And poxbrothers wasn't a trader... it sold cards only for $$$.
    Only the cash stores were comparable, I have been the only trader for a very long time now

PS if you make a system where your pricing system is ALWAYS the better deal you will end up with thousands of the same rune that you cannot destroy and forge into Exo/Leg's you need. Meaning that by making a nearly ridiculous difference in IN/OUT you give a worse deal slightly pointing the player to destroy them and forge for runes you can make a way better deal with. Protecting yourself from hundreds of useless runes and distributing the destroy/forge process over multiple accounts.

Before I started with this new pricing system I had 180k shards that were made from CUR runes I had 150+ off.... hope that explains with how many useless runes you can end up with

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

@decondor I'm more interested in another store having better IN/OUT margins than anything else.

13. decondor

You do know it is only 10% for normal stocked runes? Yeah for heavily overstocked runes it is different for the reasons I told in my previous post.

I seriously doubt if anyone can make a viable store with much lower margins as this.... (considering the playerbase hence its trade volume) when I started it was 15-20% and everyone seemed fine with it. Poxportal always had 20%, I could do 10% because of the automated bidding. For 5% the store would have absolutely no buffer to survive patches or buy in Limited cards. 10% is quite low already....

14. Zilla

Zilla New Member

Have you tried to to sacrifice overstocked runes?

The existance of the forge makes your currency system to bug. A angel of protection to have an in value of 49,000 times a ambling fronds when it takes 720 AF to make one AoP doesn't make sense.

The system I proposed would work better because overstocked runes would be converted into runes with no stock. This practice generates a much more healthy market.

15. decondor

Except from the fact uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhm you can only forge 6 legendaries a week ? And just the message that I already did once made a MAYOR forge round resulting in 180k of which half was left when the legendary forge came, it would take me a year to even use all the shards on legs.

Trust me I prefer to be the one that does all the forging, I can automate it to get the best spread but there is a limit on how much an account can forge.....

With your system you gonna end up with hundreds of useless runes and you gonna need 10's of accounts to do all to forging.

I prefer other players to do that for me, and seeing they can better forge the rune instead of trading it in.... is a way to convince everyone to use the forge as well.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you want to farm out the sharding process, make it easier to extract those silly overstocked runes. The 2 rune limit on commons scampers that idea. Distributing sharding among the player base is a fine temporary hack to get around the forge limit, but making that process easier would go a long way. Permit players to extract runes in any combination up to the trade limit and you'd solve some pricing and distribution problems quick if your pricing algorithm is up to snuff.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You could just make alts, trade those runes to a different account, and forge a Bane Shift ton more.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is a great point: PB doesn't seem strapped for material or systemic resources (maybe you're drowning in problems -- enlighten us), so why not just make those dummy accounts and do it through a network?

19. Zilla

Zilla New Member

I didn't know that for example. (Legendary forge limit)

But is there a limit of CURE that you can forge a week? This could at least generate a better market at this segment. (A Thuderhead Totem still gets in as 500+ AF).

Edit: Deleted something that didn't make sense.

20. HEKPOMAHT

HEKPOMAHT The King of Potatoes

What features will be interesting to see in store except price model base on shards? i think i will create my store...