[IS Relic Concept] - Northern Cross Chapel

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Markoth, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Name: Northern Cross Chapel
    Cost: 30
    HP: 21
    Spaces within 3 spaces of this relic are Dead Magic Zone. This relic has Ignorance and Train: Inquisition

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

you do know what faction you are giving this relic to?
    Edit: sounds like an insult, just asking wouldn't there be better alternatives

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am well aware. Did you know IS has access to DMZ already?

4. KingJad

Hallowed Ground would be the more appropriate effect of the relic

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hallowed Ground on a relic would be very strong and hard to accurately price and outside the scope of what this rune aims for. The Northern Cross Inquisition as a theme is typically Anti-Magic thus why you will find a abundance of abilities like Inquisition, Ignorance, Book Burn, etc. within the theme. Dead Magic Zone fits the theme of "the dark side" of paladins much more than holy light.

6. KingJad

my mistake only now did I read the rest of the abilities once I seen dmz I got FW in my head and looked back at title this relic would integrate nicely with the current Inquistion runes

7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I think the relic might be fine without DMZ if Train:Inquisition just got changed to Inquisition as that is good anti spell/Anti equipment ability already.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its alright :) I understood immediately what your concerns were because DMZ is typically outside the scope of what Ironfist represents. I apologize if I came off as blunt.

My original intent for this rune was to open up the Inquisition theme in as simple a way as possible. Currently the theme is rather small so I was looking for a way to "indoctrinate" runes into the theme that wouldnt normally be considered.

9. KingJad

I don't see too much of a problem with a relic having hallowed ground as long as the nora cost is appropriate and it has a small range

soulmilk likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Theoretically anything is able to be balanced by cost. But cost also has a large influence on competitive viability. Typically expensive relics and equipment will not be considered viable due to their inherent weaknesses. Relics are usually immobile so unless their effect is global they lose their effect when the fight moves elsewhere.
    Equipment can be disarmed in the vast majority of cases or destroyed when the champion they are equipped on is killed. In either case the runes can easily lose their effect and become a large loss of tempo which is key in the game.
    For AoE Hallowed Ground to be balanced on a relic it would likely have to be in the 40-50 mana range on it sown without anything else on the relic. This is because it can be dropped by a CC'd champion for a psudo-cleanse rune.

11. KingJad

There are quite a few champions that are able to relocate relics, yes the relic would have to be costly but it can have an increased range as long as its health is well within reach it shouldnt feel like a fighting champ when trying to destroy a relic so pretty much.... large range low health respectable nora cost possibly
    45 nora 15 hp 3 spaces hallowed ground