Is relic for grint bg

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Wolvon, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Wolvon

Wolvon The King of Potatoes

Grintmaw banner
    HP: 15
    Description: Rally my brothers and do not falter

Abilities: rock defiance

Grintmaws rally(new ability):

- Upon deployment all grintmaw within 5 spaces are healed by 5, and closest champ with rock defiance gains calcify. It they already have calcify they gain a rank of regeneration.

Rockling Spawning well
    Hp: 15
    Description: We placed the core of a rock elemental in this nora well, and now these little bugger's won't stop coming out.

Abilities-

Rock defiance
    rockling spawning (new ability)- every 4 turns a rockling spawns adjacent to this relic

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I don't think grints need any new relics.

3. Wolvon

Why not ? I think these are nice for the BG. It needs some love

4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I think the point is they need something else. If you want to fix grint, they need more champions, and fixes to the current ones.

Alakhami likes this.
  5. Wolvon

i like the way the current grints are they just need more champs to help patch the holes in the bg. Once they change the current ones i know many will receive an unnecessary nerf so its best to try to implement new ones. You can see some of my ideas on Sok's post lets build an expansion together.

6. EnigmaXIII

I meant they need a buff but okay. Not all changes are nerfs you know. Change is good, some people are way too afraid of it. Im not suggesting they change the racial. Its one of few interesting ones. But just the way the champs play, a lot of the staples are really expensive and do very little.

7. Wolvon

then help me create new to fix that problem, what type of champs do the grints need to be meta

8. EnigmaXIII

Im not expert. I dont know how to "fix" grintmaw. Like I said, I think a lot of the current runes will need to be redone. Here are 2 new runes I thought of though:

First Elder, Grimgar (Legendary)
    Artwork: A Tall grintmaw holding a staff, kneeling on a floating rock.
    Deck Limit: 1

Race: Grintmaw/Class: Shaman/Size: 1x1
    DMG: 10, SPD: 7, RNG: 3-5, DEF: 1, HP: 50
    Base:
    Attack: Magical
    Rock Defiance
    Seraph of the Stone (NEW! Friendly champions (including this one) occupying rock terrain gain flying and unstoppable)
    Trail: Rock
    U1: Surge: Rock, Domain: Rock, Deflect
    U2: Slam, Stone Bomb 3, Regen 3

Stone Tomb (Spell)
    Nora Cost: 40
    Target champion loses all AP and becomes immobile, impervious, and pacified for 2 turns. If the target is a friendly champion, it also gains rock defiance permanently. If it already has rock defiance, it gains 2 ranks of tough instead.

Grimgar is designed to address multiple issues at once. Firstly, hes a ranged unit, which grints need more of. Secondly, he can grant flight and unstoppable. Flight counters the effects of lumbering and grints lack mobility in general. Unstoppable counters many things including careless, and the AP loss encountered in Stone Tomb and some other things.

Stone Tomb can be used offensively or defensively. You can use it to stall an opponent and get in position. You can use it to grant a normal champion defiance. You can use it to set up slam without having a friendly take damage. You can use it to buff your grintmaw. It is very versatile.

Let me know what you think.

9. Wolvon

Its so... Beautiful. Good job

10. EnigmaXIII

Lol, glad you like it.
    I enjoy making runes, too bad they never actually enter the game.

gamengamenut likes this.