?/IS, splitting Trolls, need help.

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Hekau718, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Hi,
    I was lacking some Grintmaws, which made me think about splitting trolls. I had some good runes on SP, so that was my first choice.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cohcdZCdwCd9Cdqcu-C5Lc5dchDcd1cgJs5Qs1ks74s3ts7yS87s59s5wr2Yr=eke1QE1A

The tactic with it is to summon some key Grintmaws and one strong non troll ( in this case, either C.Brave, R.Alpha or Magnus. Fesh is just a strong splash unit.) early game and get a somewhat superchamp.
    It is surprisingly strong, but I was wondering, what would be the best faction to split it with? ST, FS?
    Feedback is much appreciated!

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You have a couple marsh trolls in there, aren't those FS?

Personally, I'd split with SL's mutation stuff. You get options to buff your champs with Taint, Horrific Mutation, The Doctor, and Myx Matriarch. You have tough champs with Homicidal Thug, Draksar Marauder, Draksar Persecutor, and Mutant Yeti.

3. Hekau718

Marsh trolls are a split rune, IS/FS. Didn't even think about SL. I don't have enough experience in Sundered Lands to have an opinion though.

4. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Ya the marsh trolls are FS/IS I think. My first thoughts would be to either go with FS for marsh trolls of course and the board control FS provides. Alsoo there would ST for the bonus to HP.

Ill have to to some brain storming I never really thought of splitting trolls.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Split with IS for maximum OPness

6. Hekau718

Are trolls stronger as FF?

7. guokamoli54

I have always ran my trolls in FF ill post my bg later. I think they have some split potential though.

8. Hekau718

So tried a ST split. It looks promising. Some notable runes I added are: chronomancer, Aspect of Infinity, that colossal chick, Starseer. Also added 2 mirrored shield, and some staple St spells. The strategy is to use mirrored shield on trollls, Stonearm Sash on the colossal chick and winning. - what would be some strong ST champions to add to my bg? I dont play ST, so I need some more feedback.

9. guokamoli54

Frostfall Vanguard is a sweet addition especially with the stonearm sash that is a win. lol I would also highly suggest crystal phoenix for all the healz

And heartstone would be a good thing to add as well

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think I would make something like this for a ST split:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CdtCdwCd9CdqCgjConC5LcipCgzs19S2Ls5qs13sNs4Vs87r30R2@eHe1A
    Another good options are leoss magnates (used in couples they'll have loyalty bonus, better than chronomancers IMO), tundra whisper, those that you mentioned and you could make something different and go for a troll/vitalize module instead, with LBT, scarlet wing, sergeant and bouncers from IS and tardigrade/giant/ferren master from ST, this would be a less pure split but it could be interesting.

11. guokamoli54

Here is FF

[​IMG]

Here is IS/FS split

[​IMG]

And here is IS/ST split

[​IMG]

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

14. Hekau718

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really want to try all these bg's out. But I have somewhat of a budget, and a lot of these runes are OOS on Poxbox. I'll do what I can with what I can buy right now, but in your opinion, which split would be the best for trolls? Or are they more viable as a FF?

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Good to know, I haven't traded for any Mimics since I came back. I keep forgetting to get them when I get a box.

16. guokamoli54

I would try to build it as FF first but the splits look very promising and people are all upset that trolls seem to be "OP" right now. lol