IS themes

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by undred, Aug 10, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

i have been playing ST for a lot of years , but now ST has lost some of its charm . what themes are cool and cheap in IS ?

are constructs cheap to build ?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Cheapest is prob Drunks atm. Wings/Beast are pretty cheap too. Constructs are not bad either. Barbs can be decent outside Zedin, etc. Damn everything can be run cheap outside paladins.

3. undred

care to share some lists ?
    i have a zedin and a whitestone gargoyle , and that's pretty much my entire IS collection XD

4. undred

i decided to do gargoyles , i was watching a game last night ( ithink it was fisko or something) and it looked rather fun :)
    would anyone mind sharing a decklist ?

5. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

This will be hard to do given there isn't a Gargoyle race.

6. undred

i meant constructs . ups

7. Entrepidus

In that case, there are several directions you can go. You can superchamp with Rugolth's Revenge and War-Enchanted Groble, fiddle with the Silverclan module (I think this is harder to acquire, though), swarm cheap meat with Engineers/Summons/Boosts or try the off-beat Equipment Boon theme with the Lodestone champion pair and Ironfist Collector (Weaponsmith is iffy with Provision and Equipment Boon in the same upgrade path).

I haven't played constructs at all since the revamp, but there's something to look at until someone with more experience comes along :)

8. undred

i kind of like the first one idea ( rugolth revenge + war enchanted ) care to share a list ? if it is too expensive will prob try the swarm thing :p

9. Entrepidus

10. undred

kind of am looking for most of those runes :p , will hunt them down XD .

anyone have spares of most common/uncommon construct runes ?

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My favorite s in constructs right now are catapult and CWS (Clockwork Swarm). With pult and Silv the swarms are inevitable. The CWS has effective evasive 3. GREs are great too with pummel. You can RC him, toss/pummel/manic/aura for 25-30 dmg which combo'd with pretty much anything else is a kill.

Protector is awesome as always. WEG is great with several different builds. DMC works but you must also run market and sarge. GSF and D Engi, PoV or two and you are golden. I'm even looking at AA to sit a font, WSG can do it also.

12. undred

i am new to IS pls speak with words :/

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

GRE: Goble Rock Eater
    Silv: Silverclan Tinkerer
    RC: Remote Control or Rev 'Em Up ability on Dwarven Handler
    Toss: Load champion ability from catapult.
    WEG: War - enchanted Goble
    GSF: Goble Strike Force
    D Engi: Dwarven Engineer
    PoV: Priest of Valdac
    AA: Animated Armor
    WSG: Whitestone Gargoyle

Did I get them all?

14. undred

yeah you are fine :p
    if you happen to have some extras of those c/uc runes message me :p