Is there a feasible way for a new player to start anymore?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garr123, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Who the f*ck would spend money on this game in it's current state?

Not to mention that your "80% chance" doesn't mean the exotic or legendary rune you hopefully draw won't be trash.

reskk likes this.
  2. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

And if it is trash trade it into poxbox for something to build your deck with because the trashy legs are still worth something and exotics or like senshu said wait a little longer and the rune may get buffed.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I certainly won't spend money right now. But I trust the Owls to make this game worthwhile again in every way, and when they took over I spent 50 $ Just to show them that I believe in them. They will succeed, after which they will advertise. Then will be the moment to spend money again.

Makorov likes this.
  4. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

You have a 5% chance of drawing a legendary rune from a pack, and a 10% chance of drawing an exotic rune. Do you know how long and hard you would have to grind to get those odds to work for you?
    And if they do eventually work out for you, you have to hope that the rune isn't garbage and that it's actually worth something on poxbox.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree for everyone's sake make faction specific packs excluding the new expansion does dog realize how much money they could make from this?

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Accessible =/= having all the LEs and LEGs from your faction.

Boozha likes this.
  7. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

You're right - but then I'm not sure those cards need to be so difficult to obtain either.

At the very least, I doubt new players will like seeing interesting cards that would fit perfectly into their theme, but then finding that said cards are virtually impossible to get hold of because they're out of print.

Hell, why does a virtual card game have any 'out of print' cards? It's not like it has any printing costs, or limited printing capabilities. I can understand it for LE reskins, but I think everything else should be forgable.

8. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

I'd say get the game itself polished, then worry about attracting new players. If these new players are just 'checking it out' they will get a bad first impression, at least until the game is where DOG wants it. I've tried many an MMO--but if I didn't like what I saw the first time around, I've pretty much never gone back to see if it had improved.

9. Omnissions

Omnissions New Member

I just started a couple days ago at the recommendation of a friend of mine, and its been a little rough. He is a pretty experienced player, just returning now after the revamp, and he built me a starting UD deck, but man, my battleground games are usually pretty 1 sided. One of the things I would like to see more if is commentaries, guides, etc. It seems like there is a lack of easily presentable, useful information for a new player like me (which is understandable, considering the game just recently started rolling again, I will have merit to whine in a couple months). Right now, the majority of my learning is done by talking to my more experienced friend. I'm plugging away at the campaign right now, hoping I can learn from my mistakes in single player to help me out in battlegrounds, but who knows.

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

NUX is least of their concerns, revamp is extremely turbulent. this is NOT a good time for new players to be starting.