Issue with Windowed mode

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Galamond, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Galamond

Galamond New Member

Hey there,

I've been a long time fan of Poxnora, After a few years sabbatical I come back to fine once again the games been changed ownership. no biggy no biggy, I'm looking forward to seeing what new things will emerge from the new ownership.

I'm currently having trouble with the game, nothing with the play ability, no. something weird is going on when its on. when I have it in window mode, the game flashes a double of itself. it blacks out the bar where the little corner buttons [minimize, close, maximize] are located. when I find it and can click and hold to move te window around. it moves the actual physical window where I want it, but instead of displaying whats inside the window. it projects an afterimage of the window and then projects it back in the upper left corner area of my screen where it began from. it functions completely, save for the fact that if I want to lick on a button or do an action, I have to move my cursor where I had moved the window itself, to where said button or action should be. Also, and this also happens when I put it in full screen window mode, if I try to bring up another window in front of it. it will force itself onto the front as an image of itself and I cannot see the other window I bring up, but when I click I am clicking on that window. not the game itself which is forcing its view of itself in front of the window I'm trying to access.

I'm guessing since I can't find this on any of the support forums, no one is having this problem, I will try the trouble shooting suggestions on the tech support page but I wanted to bring this to your attention in case it does not work.

thankyou

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This sounds like a video driver issue or maybe there is a corrupt file. I would advise to make sure all your video drivers are up to date, and try the troubleshooting tips on this forum. Using the repair option or uninstalling may help.

We are using java 7 for Pox now so maybe it could be a compatibility problem that would be resolved by installing the newest version of java. Just based on what you are describing this seems to be a local issue and not an actual problem with Pox itself.