It started out so fine....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharon, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

How did it end up like this?

No seriously, how do I prevent this buildup? This guy was just deploying champs in the font. Idk how to stop it

Attached Files:

• asas.jpg
      asas.jpg
      File size:
      438.5 KB
      Views:
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Well, you're playing witches so you should be rocking the lategame as well.

Don't ask me on specifics on FW vs FW lategames, but I'd think that witches have a better lategame than creepers.

3. Kharon

I was doing well in the beginning, I had the font a good bit of the match, yet he just kept deploying more and more champs right there in front of it. It's super frustrating whenever they just deploy in your face, I couldn't keep up.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't know man, when you can just deploy at the enemy shrine because you spammed carrionlings, it's tough to fight that.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You should be massively outchamping them though. Creepers shouldn't be able to match the damage output from witches. Also taking into account permanent curse. Unless you ran both your magelords in to die, creepers shouldn't be able to handle that I feel.

Etherielin, claydude5 and SPiEkY like this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

He isn't running witches. He is running a weird hodgepodge that includes witches.

Kharon, you need to revise your bg a bit, tbh.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, well there's your problem right there

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

People usually fq when there is a fw vs fw match going on.
    As for worms,they are like any other fw theme,they get stronger and stronger with late game.

claydude5 likes this.
  9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Did you even bother looking at the runes he was using burn? He's not running Witches, nor does he run Magelord. You can't out damage creepers which can drop Bile Zombies anywhere on the board and insta kill everything.

10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You are exaggerating the strength of worm bgs.

11. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

He exaggerates.

12. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Witches literally hard counter worms. An overall lack of damage, a lack of hp, a lack of speed, losing the ability to fester and with losing martyr as a worm leaves them susceptible to opposing healing. You should reconsider your playstyle if you lose to worms as witches.

13. Kharon

How can I out deploy something whenever I have to deploy at the font which is x spaces away compared to his 1 space away. I have to waste AP to run the whole way down there while he can just move 1 space and keep engaging the font over and over. Not only that but he's getting FW bonus as well, so they pretty much just keep coming and coming.

Also I'm running my own version of a semi meta FW bg. I just use rip witches cause range/deep wounds rabid blah blah stop critiquing my BG it has nothing to do with this.

14. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

that might be true for other decks but my deck doesnt run them it only runs carrion colossus , it also doesnt have any bile zombies or polluted martyrs its a pure worm deck

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nothing has better late-game than Worms. How do you stop it? Beat them before they get there.

BG composition absolutely has to do with this. Sub-par decks lose, and worms in particular are meta-hounds. They punish unoptimized or under-developed BGs hard. You don't play a turn 6 combo deck in Modern and complain when you get washed by Burn.

Netherzen, claydude5, Kharon and 2 others like this.
  16. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

sure kid

Kharon likes this.
  17. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

if you want to prepare for worms, maybe kalasleĀ“s vids help you there. he is a really good commentator, so definately worth your time :)

Netherzen likes this.