I've found a new gold farming strategy thingy

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Boozha, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, older players got all campaigns now, which is good. I actually played them to get some stories - and to check which ones are good for farming gold. I've had some success with "Maljaran Frontier Pt.2" and "Pawn of the Matriarch Pt.2". Why? Cause they got big bad champs for you. My new tactic, as it happens, is to make a IS BG with 2x Tales of Valor, 2x Tactical manual, buff up Zedin and Magnus/Isran/Tremir and beat the Bane Shift out of everything with Champions that might just hit 50 damage. Some with bounty hunter. I use IS/FW to get soulstrike and make quick work of Bosses like Sarinda (Hitting for 2500 is kind of silly, but there you go).

For Maljaran Frontier you get 25 bonus gold each, which is a nice thing, but I generally just beat up everything until I got to the boss, waited until 30 minutes had passed, and killed the boss for 325 gold. It is not as time-efficient as it might get, but it is extremely work-efficient. You basically run around with two champions and one/two-hit things. I played Titanfall while waiting for 30 minutes to pass, watched Ashens and AoW 3 gameplays ... so if you are looking for some gold without much work, here's your ticket.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Try your deck on the Maxx or Ash quest lines. The bonuses are higher and you still have free champs to buff. I would also recommend Acidic Gale in your deck, the enemy often has a ton of nora, so it will often one shot the uber champs.

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I used to farm in the Bastion/vex sotry, only the first step take u some care, u need to kill a wave of champs before the boss, the second step is very easy, u should take care to be in the maps for 25 min before end it. Elsarin reaper are always a good choice when there are boss with a tons of hp, 4 shot and they are gone

4. Justu Annoiu

Justu Annoiu New Member

I like the maxx quest lines but I'm not sure what the conditions are to get optimum bonus gold from all of them. So far, I've seen
    Pt:1 - (5o), - Kill the wave of incinerators
    Pt:1- (50), - Bonus for completing the campaign

Pt2 - (5o) - Bliss survives (She has Boss anyway...?)
    Pt2 - (50) - Kill Maxxarek's Shade (25 if he self-destructs.)

Pt3 - (50) - Survive
    Pt3- (50) - T'Aero lives... not sure about the requirements for this one. I've only triggered it once, and he always survives... so I'm not sure what specifically makes it work. I think he has to maybe engage Maxxarek, then disengage and survive?

Does anyone know if there are other campaigns with comparable good/awesome bonuses?

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The Ash the Bandit Prince campaign has good bonuses. I'm thinking a Teleport champ plus a couple Acidic Gales should be enough to beat it. Just end turn a few times at the beginning to fill your opponent's nora bank, then move in and acidic gale the elite and boss. Make sure you have some detection too since one of the elite is hidden vegetation. I think the bonus on the first one is 25, and 50 on the second one.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Guardian of Sarnghaver give you 50 bonus gold. To make this campagain u dont even need special runes runes. All what u need is 2 icestorm and 28 any runes.
    1st part spend like 5 min to clear all mobs and dmg boss till he have low health. Than afk and lasthit boss 300gold+50gold bonus = 350.
    2nd part move your boss over cliff afk 30 min and cast ice storm(boss become grounded and die) and another 300+50 gold.
    No need to waste time for killing stuff. just 1 spell and 50 bonus gold.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  7. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

Bandit Price is tough since they all rush the shrine on Legendary and acidic gale doesn't one shot champs. I've done it once but only because got the Ash in close with a Reaper's blade.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I haven't noticed that they rush the shrine, but only if you have champs somewhat close for them to target instead. Acidic Gale will one shot them, but only if you wait long enough for the nora to build up. Otherwise you'll need to cast Essence Drain first, then Acidic Gale.

9. MadLotar

Again, I am referring to legendary. If you recall, there are a ton of wildkin and other units that immediately go the shrine to attack. The first Ash map usually only gives you Ash, and then after a turn or two, a neferi ally. It's definitely not as efficient a map as Maxx or Euans.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've played it on Legendary. They do rush close to the shrine, but if you summon a champ or two, they'll go after it instead. I'm thinking that some physical resist/immune/rock eater may be in order. Earth Elemental or Groble Rock Eater would be good choices. The computer isn't smart enough to not attack an immune champ. I know that from playing the Maxx campaign and having my Skeezick Alchemist as Maxx's only target the entire time.

11. Boozha

I use deep leviathans with time slip to kill all the wilderkin and elves. I'd like to do so in the demon prince aswell, but it fails because in the first mission way too many have fire eater.

12. MadLotar

I don't really have trouble with the demon price, I've also found out how to do the Bandit Prince much faster. With the Demon Prince, all you have to do is buff up your heroes. With the Bandit Price I just let Ash get hit and then run him to the first boss, kill it with an essence drain and acidic gale, then equip him with a reaper's blade and take out the second boss, with the aid of a couple of aclarities. I am wondering if Onus works on the two bosses though, I might pick some up and try it.

13. Boozha

But I can do it in five minutes and also kill more than ten enemies to get 30 extra gold for epic battle. Thats pretty good, I think.