I've got a jar of dirt.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Jar jokes aside, I think it has less to do with Jar-Jar specifically, so much as what he often represents to people: Idiotic plots, terrible scripting (with some cinematic and choreographic scripts aside), and painful delivery of that terrible script (with some few exceptions).

Personally, I didn't mind Binks so much as a lot of reviewers/random people on the internet say I maybe should... but that's also not really saying much.

I also think that the over-arching plot was an interesting one, but that they bungled it on the execution in so many ways... and I still find Padme and Anakin hooking up to be creepy as Firk, given the initial age of Anakin in the first movie.

Plus they were (mostly) cute(r?). It's just the stupid: "shall we kill them" scene was too long, and honestly I mostly disliked that for C-3PO and lame dialogue more than the Ewoks themselves.

*shrug*

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I would if not for this

Yeah but come on, that stupid scene where the Ewoks beat the storm troopers, my god was that ridiculous to watch

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That fight scene was defined for me by a single, glorious moment:

4. themacca

I love how they made Darth Vader a total Idiot in his origin story

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

ewoks were supposed to be wookies but that was too hard.

also:

Leadrz likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

******** darth maul was the best fight by a landslide.

Saandro and IMAGIRL like this.
  7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

TFA is the worst Star Wars movie. This is an undeniable fact.

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you meant TPM and not TFA right, I mean hah, writing the force awakens where you mean the phantom menace, silly you.

9. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Cute. But you can't argue facts.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you can if they are not actually fact and posted by a person using the name Saandro.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Ya the fight scene where Anakin killed Obi-Wan was the best.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

... are you all insane?

13. themacca

This must be a serious case of nostalgia goggles, cause that fight is so slow moving, and vader looks really really unimpressive in it.

Geressen likes this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I have to agree. I'm sorry but it looks like 80 year olds who can barely carry a lightsaber. It was just the basic slashes and clashes. No flips or twirling.

Geressen likes this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah they shaped up for ESB and RotJ, but then they overdid it in the prequels,

but just look at the angry swinging kylo ren does in TFA, no weird flips, no weird fake-outs, it's good.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Personally I think the Kylo Ren fight was good. He was injured and he's no sith lord so I don't expect him to be doing flips and Bane Shift. I'll have to rewatch it because I don't remember if Rey was "too good" for a first time wielder.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Kylo Ren's temper tantrums are great.

Geressen likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no I mean it looks good, Kylo ren has real angry swinging lightsaber body language ( or his actor does) doing weird flips and fake-outs is BAD, a little may look good but these are people in a dangerous sword fighting duell, not dancefighting acrobats.

Just go look at some errol flyn sword fight on youtube, during the swordfights there are pauses where they do the stick feeling thing, some falling and movement but no weird acrobat dancefights. and of course it's all an act ( and truthfully the people errol if act-fencing against are better fencers )

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Cydna likes this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You lack perspective, Gerbil

Saandro likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

enlighten me.