I've got a jar of dirt.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jan 21, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

can't believe this thread somehow took off

Ohmin likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I also cannot believe it is not butter.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You compare swords with rather high mass wielded by a normal fencer to practically massless blades wielded by highly trained force users. Expecting both to look even somewhat similar is silly.

4. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

@Geressen

First, these are people who can move objects with their minds and mindrape people. They are also shown as physically superior. I don't care how fake and unreal it looks. Second, just like all Hollywood sword fights, the one in TFA isn't even remotely "realistic" or anything like that. And third , these super powered individuals wield weapons who are much lighter (idk but I think the blade has almost no mass right?). In short, it's fantasy and I only care if it looks good or not, and if it has some tension/atmosphere.

So, why is the TPM fight better? First the editing isn't all over the place. The fight is shot beautifully and you can always see what's going on. TFA on the other hand has ADHD editing with many fast cuts. Its hard to focus on what's going on. I'm guessing it's because they used stunt doubles? Or maybe it's JJ's style? Idk but it looks terrible. Half the time I can't even see what's happening.

The TPM fight has better music. An intense score which really adds to the atmosphere. TFA doesn't have good music. The first second of the TPM fight is more intense than the whole TFA fight.

TPM has a much better villain. He is menacing and a legit threat. TFA has a crybaby emo kid for the villain. You can't take him seriously and you know he isn't a threat. Compare how Darth Maul kills Qui Gon to Kylo Ren vs Finn. In the first one it's quick and brutal, as soon as he sees an opening. In the second, instead of killing Finn immediately he apes around until the janitor injures him. Then he gets visibly mad and "deals with him". But somehow doesn't kill him? His lightsabre just grazes his back? Lightsabres are shown as going through people with ease. In the prequels Qui Gon sticks one through a thick metal door. The only reason Finn doesn't die is because Kylo must have intentionally pulled his sword back so as just to graze him. What a villain.

And why the Firk does everyone look like a teenager? General Hux is truly the most laughable attempt at a Hitler wannabe. And Daisy Ridley looks like a 14 year old girl.

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

oh no you guys are massless, the better star wars duells have the actors using the lightsabers as if they have mass.

you guys probably like your women assless aswell.

also finn isn't a janitor he is a stormtrooper who in the beginning of the movie took part in the space equivalent of a beach landing, stormtroopers did double duty as construction because having a few thousand people sitting on their asses while you want to build a superweapon is dumb.

the rest is just like ... your oppinion ... old ... man.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm not sure that qualifies as a fight. It's a cool scene, but not because of anything to do with light-sabers or "fighting" in any real sense.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I made a Star Wars reference for a Jar pun, people apparently like to discuss Star Wars. Who knew?

8. Boozha

I never knew the hardest challenge in my ******* life would be to ******* relicense ******* Origin. Which ******* ******** thought this ******* ******** would be a reasonable way to do things.

Now I need some relaxing sitar music to not snap my pencils in two.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if you snap a pencil in two just sharpen them and you just get 2 shorter less usefull pencils

Ohmin likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

In case you don't like sharpening pencils:

Boozha likes this.
  11. Boozha

Ohmin likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Whats going on?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he has to re license origin.

14. Boozha

Some company that is taking itself way too seriously apparently has no quality control for its customer service.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

EA Origin?

16. Boozha

OriginLab, data analysis software. Not bad except for when you have to relicense it.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ah, ouch. Hope a like helps.

Boozha likes this.
  18. Boozha

Always.