Jakei Globe Redesign

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Orubus, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Current Design: At the beginning of this turn, spaces between this relic and the four closest friendly Jakei become Ice for 1 turn

Possible redesign- Since the ice trails are themselves broken, could you do the 4 closest jakei have ice front?

What are some suggestions?

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

this could be an interesting rune to redesign, your ice front idea is interesting but honestly I'd still not use it when their are so many sources of frost orb, and this would interfere with the snow generated from elemental nexus.

I believe the generation tools are in place atm, what we are lacking are the abilities that take advantage of ice and snow now.

regardless back to the redesign the fluff is supposed to be about locating the royal family according to the description, which is kind of neat, mostly because to me I'd think their now must be 4 royal family members although I can only think of 2, 3 if lusara is one.

anyway my suggestion atm would be something a little different from ice front.

jakei globe - when a friendly jakei destroys a champion with a basic attack it gains retrieve ( "this unit relocates to the nearest friendly deployment zone" 3 cd 0ap) until end of turn

this would be great for jakei guerilla tactics, allowing them to get kills then retreat back.

edit - changed the design from portal to"retrieve" because portal costs 4 ap to use, not many jakei would be able to get a kill and still have enough ap to use this ability. so did something worse then portal, with the same coding as retrieve that could be done with 0ap

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It should be 2ap at least and depending on the cost, it'd probably be "Jakei within 5 spaces..."

4. calisk

that was supposed to read as nearest friendly deployment zone, not sure if that changes your opinion any.

I can agree on an aoe but It should probably be a very large one like 8, or it could deploy hidden with a smaller aoe. no way to do guerilla style hit and fades if you need to leave the relic right next to them.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I dunno, it depends on whether or not Retrieve is a permanent ability or a "For X turns" ability

6. calisk

was supposed to only be the tun they got the kill, i'll reword it

was going to trigger it automatically when they got a kill, but figured it would be too much of a liability after the turn you deploy it wanting to trigger it

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  7. Orubus

I imagine that is a good suggestion, not sure if it's a buff as much because it spreads your units thin then, it's up to play style.

I personally didn't feel like we had many ways to make units frozen. So with breath and globe there would be some cohesion on the camo. We do have many sources of snow though.

About half the jakei are monks though and disciplines tie into it.

Could also do Jakei within 3 spaces gain shield and ready for an extra 10 Nora.

Keep in mind, this could be the only thing that ties Jakei together. The Ailur concord is nothing compare to the relic and the amulet is meh.

Or it could be similar to dimension door. Friendly Jakei gain portal. But that would be less flavorful.

8. calisk

well with elemental nexus you can give every jakei snow strike

and ya I had ddoor in mind when making that redesign, I wanted the jakei to relocate to the artifact I jsut figured soko would have an easier time relocating them to fonts since we have that mechanic already.

the idea for the most part is it gives jakei the ability to go deep in and make kills that would usually result in them being dead on the following turn but now they can retreat, it's mostly a play style thing, but jakei almost all lack defensive abilities, so this would compliment that by allowing them when played well to avoid being hit at all.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  9. Orubus

@Sokolov
    Maybe you can give some thoughts that are doable. I know this item is in the cactaur crate

10. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

Here's an idea, its lore says it tracks movement/locations of all royal Jakei, so you can have it whenever a Jakei is deployed the highest Jakei on CD gets reduced by 1, if the same name as it 2

11. calisk

That could work I don't see much use for it, but doesn't mean somebody won't find a used for it