Jakei Globe

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Eonix, May 18, 2014.

1. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Hello.

I finally got the Jakei Globe relic and tested it out today once in PvE. It seems nice. For 25 Nora it's not bad. However, while I see the immediate obvious benefit of it (+1 AP to four closest Arctic champions at the end of the turn, as they are now standing on ice) I am having trouble envisioning further strategic benefits of this relic.

Those of you who like Jakei Globe, how do you use it? What's the real benefit of it? What are the strategies? A few tips would be appreciated.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I once saw here in the forums someone talking about Jakei Globe on a Crystal BG.

In that deck you get few main jakeis to awaken the Elementals, so those 2 or 3 Jakeis would be farther in the map so the ice trail catches all your units.

Take in mind that snow is impeding 2 (Ice gives -1 Speed) for non arctic champs.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What goyo said, if your closest jakeis are really far, the globe fills the map with ice so if you can run frontline jakeis like kento, adherents, frostfall vanguards or extinguishers backed up with non-jakei arctic units you get a pretty good deal out of the globe.

4. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Right. But Jakei Globe produces ice, not snow. Ice is not impeding to non acrtic creatures, is it?

5. GabrielQ

no, it isn't, but it does give them -1 speed

6. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Thanks for the responses, guys. I did more testing with the globe today, following the suggestion of a few front-line Jakei and the rest lonx/yeti/beasts. The globe really shines in such a scenario. I was pretty much operating mostly on ice.

I do have a followup question here, as there is one thing I cannot figure out. I am sure I will show my newbish colours by asking it, but that ship has already sailed. Basically, non-acrtic enemies have -1 speed while they enter ice. How does it actually translate in game mechanics?

1. Does their speed drop by one, as soon as they steop on ice? Does their rune card in game reflect it?
    2. Does that lower their AP generation by one each turn, if they stay on it?
    3. Does it lower their overall AP that they can accumulate by one, as long as they stay on ice?

I was trying to watch for this today, but between the various buffs and character abilities, I could not answer those questions for myself. I am sure most of you know how this works, so I would appreciate some answers.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

At the beggining of the enemy's turn, their champions gain AP equal it's SPD.

So if you end your turn with some of your opponent's champions on ice, they will gain -1 AP because of -1 SPD.

If them stand on ice on your opponent's turn they will lose -1 SPD but AP is already gained, so it will not be reduced.

Also as far I can remember, the SPD debuff is instantly applied.

8. GabrielQ

The debuff applies instantly and it is shown on the rune when yo select it. Everything else works with the modified speed, for example, if a 7 speed champion steps on ice, his speed becomes 6 and his maximun AP cap becomes 10 (same as a 6 speeder, unless it's KF, or split KF, in that case is 11) champions generate AP equal to their speed at the beginning of their turns, so if they were standing on ice they'll generate with the -1 speed.

9. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Thanks for the replies.