Jellebrium Discussion

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Monyx, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Here we can talk about ways to improve this theme. Lets do it!!

Shell Dorado likes this.
  2. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

Forty views and zero replies. No love for the jelly bellies?

It's clear the Jellebrium as a subfaction are... rough from what I've seen. They seem to be having a similar problem to that of the Creepers Worms in FW, being highly priced without enough beef to back it up. I have not done satisfactory playtesting with the Jellies, but I've been going down the list and after I'm done analyzing Salaman tribal, I'll be hitting Jellies next, since there are many who are already providing excellent feedback for the Snaptooths (and they're the only other one I haven't analyzed as a tribal BG)

3. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

The only thing that held prevamp Jellies together was Mindbender with Deafening Aura(that had sense with Psychic Magnetism) and Vaporize. With Mindbender ridiculously expensive but stripped of its quality, Jellies struggle, as they cannot dish out enough presence.

Fix Mindbender to enable psionic impact/flood shenanigans. Make him passive, bring him back deafening aura(vaporize should be considered also, but only considered). Don't make people choose between racial synergy and CC.

I've played Pure Jellebrium BG wih psy-amp tools to test their mediocrity. Boosting their racial is key to their performance, without amping they are unable to deal damage. High-def resilient champs reap through jellies with ease.

Step by step:

Coral Creeper - perfectly viable, 2 digits in damage(that's powerhouse in Jelly terms) for less than 70 nora.

Jellebrium Darkweaver - very efficient pre re-vamp, important for boosting racial and ugly harrasser(energy thief + teleport) - now, he has 6 base damage, Energy Thief cannot go with Sands of Time. Blend Psychic Aura upgrade.

Jellebrium Lightbringer - redesigned, but far too costly. Needs all his paths to be reduced to 1st rank to be semi-efficient(detect,burn). Illuminate is absolute must to deal with tanks, he does not have quality however to survive.

Jellebrium Mindbender - covered above

Jellebrium Skycaller - Jelly without psychic attack and a single point in defence and 45 hp.

Extispicer - no comment on him,

Gabriel once said, he wants Jellies to be the CC-heavy theme. Currently, most of their CC skills are on the paths that boost their racials. The key to improving whole Jellebrium thing is to fix Mindbender as an enabler to the whole theme.

Shell Dorado likes this.