Jellebrium Nerf??

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by 4NIK8, Nov 25, 2015.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Jellebrium Mind now only counts for CD purpose runes with Jellebrium Mind ability, not runes with race Jellebrium. What is the point of Jellyfish now? This nerf was really needed? Really?

Extipicer rework made it runnable in psy but didnt make the theme more viable or anything... Coral Creeper got its second nerf (1st from Loyalty w/o the proper changes to Noble Sacrifice and now from Life Transfer).

And I had a hope that Jellebrium would get some love in this expansion... no rune, no rework, only nerf... why!?

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

What?!?! Why was this change made? This makes costing the ability at 8 nora before did not make sense and it is even less justifiable now. Way to kick the worst theme in FS while it is already down. You might as well just remove the ability at this point. It is that useless.

3. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Jellies are stuck in the development hell. When they were introduced, they were psychic champs with somewhat fun ability. With Firks taking over, Jellies became blend. It took several big patches to bring Mindbender to shape, but currently there is nothing that holds the theme together apart from the ability and lore. Extispicer feels like he denounced his racial, and became Firks' pet. Sadly, without 4-6 ranged Jelly(magic? frost?), some relic or equips that would reinforce the racial ability Jellebrium collects dust.

It does not need super champs, even cheap, crappy meat would do - just for the sake of the theme.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Jellebrium Mind wasn't changed. I don't know why the description changed. I will get in a game and verify to see if it's doing Race or by ability.

Looking at my ticketing system, the only tickets I have for Jellebrium Mind is the ticket back in April changing it TO Race: Jellebrium, and a ticket for the display bug that can occur with the CD aspect of the ability (which is a low priority bug still pending). So it shouldn't have changed.

Note that it also didn't show up in the patch notes, so I suspect it changed back by accident at some point.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Tweek516, Alkioneus and doubtofbuddha like this.
  5. 4NIK8

If its only a description bug, there's something wrong with Summon: Land Mind description also, it mentions a bone trap!? But it's working exactly like before.

6. Sokolov

Confirmed that it is still counting Race: Jellebrium.

Leadrz likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Looks like the linked tooltip for that one does reference Land Mine properly tho, I will check it out.

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Sorry for overreacting. I am pretty fond of the little tentacled guys and gals.

IMAGIRL and Leadrz like this.
  9. 4NIK8

Sorry to necro my own thread. But I'm wondering if Jellebrium Mind is still counting champs with race Jellebrium but w/o the ability when it procs. If so, could the description be fixed for next patch?

Anima26 likes this.
  10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I am also curious to know. We can test it if you come online @4NIK8 .

Edit: Tested it in game, its still going by Race: Jellebrium not champions with ability Jellebrium Mind. Description still needs upating.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Or making it go by the current description.

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i paid for the ability on a bunch of champs thinking the tooltip was accurate. smh

13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Whatever the case, it needs a fix.

14. 4NIK8

If it gets adjusted it needs a cut in cost. Cuz as is it's not the most efficient ability.

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It's 6 nora, it was 8 before the "change".

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i'll be honest last game i had it totally made me deploy in orders i wasnt comfortable with.