Just got a friend into the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, May 31, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As an avid mmo player he wasn't even bothered about all the grinding, he's got a few hours per day to spare to go hard so he can start playing the game next fall.

2. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Sounds about right, I've been playing since before SOE took over and just finally have a deck I can play against people with. Though I only put in an hour a day or so. XD

3. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

In my opinion the faction walktrough should unlock the core set runes of that faction, but untradeable. After that the core set would be removed from the market.

That way old players can still collect 100+ of one rune for fun purposes, while in the long run (couple of years) those tradeable core set runes would not vary a lot in perceived value as they will be more seldom, but all new players would be able to have a decent rune pool to start with.

For high lvl PVP they would need to farm for extended set boxes/packs, but atleast they'll have some proper runes to play with from the let go.

EDIT: those starter runes would be unshardable as well.

Sincerely,

Josh753

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Woffleet, DarkJello and Lauremoon like this.
  4. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Thats quite a good idea.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

You talked your friend into trying pox before the revamp. Why?

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Pretty sure Burn was just making a joke.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lol, burn it would have been somewhat believable but you said "friend" so now we know you're trolling.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Perchance naive, but I am not convinced Burn was goofing around. He can set the record straight. Don't be shy Pyro.

9. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

If everyone effectively gained access to the core set, then what is the point in making them untradable? You might as well, as it would at least allow new players to be given runes fairly easily.

10. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

If everyone gain access to the core set, new players would have access to the core set.
    Also, if every player has 2x of every core rune is irrelevant to trade them.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, but making them untradeable would just be pointless at that point. Making them unshardable would be much more important.

Anyway one of the two, or people are going to make themselves infinite runes with "aquire core set -> shard -> forge -> trade to main"-chains.

12. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Good remark, will edit my post, the untradeable ones you get at the start should be unshardable as well ;)

Sincerely,

Josh753

13. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I call BS. You have no friends.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

My friend finds your lack of faith disturbing.

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Does your friend wear black and breathe heavily?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

God I wish for once people would stop judging someone who has asthma and likes metal. It happens, okay!?

DarkJello likes this.